Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Hi, my name is Sandra, married to John and we have 3 children (8, 4, and 2). We are planning a road trip to Seattle WA (we live in Portland TX) and want to camp at the Tacoma/Seattle area in August 2010. So I signed up to get some informations, what kind of tents, just what all is needed to camp. I myself have camped a lot in Germany when I was younger but that has been many years, so I now want my own family to start camping.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyMommy View Post
      Hi, my name is Sandra, married to John and we have 3 children (8, 4, and 2). We are planning a road trip to Seattle WA (we live in Portland TX) and want to camp at the Tacoma/Seattle area in August 2010. So I signed up to get some informations, what kind of tents, just what all is needed to camp. I myself have camped a lot in Germany when I was younger but that has been many years, so I now want my own family to start camping.
      Welcome to the best camping forum on the planet, CrazyMommy! For starters to your question look 'round the forum here, do a little reading. Then when you find that you have a more specific question start it( a new thread) in the sub-forum that it fits. This sub-forum here is just for sayin' howdy in! So Howdy!!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Welcome Home CrazyMommy. Glad Ya'lll are here.
        Beginning camping? Money has a lot to do with it.
        Sleeping on the ground or in a bed?
        And, three youngins. Wife and I started with 3 young campers ourselves.
        That was 50 years ago. Lady says coming home dry is the most important thing. I had my fill of sleeping on the ground when I worked for my uncle.
        If possible a small pull type camper is the way to go. You'll soon learn to keep it tidy. Like living on a sailboat.
        Others here can tell you about tents and pop-ups. It will be work but its worth it.
        Glad your here. Its a great site. Wonderful folks

Comment

• Just getting started

Short background... Been tent camping for a dozen or so years and love it. Last summer camped through violent storm and my wife swore no more camping until we get a camper, and no popups, she says its just a tent on wheels so it doesn't count.

We are looking into hybrids and really like them. I have joined a couple of the busier camping sites to browse for tips and learn how to do it right. I am very prepared and skilled for tent camping but a camper adds alot of new things. Can't wait to get started.

We live in South Dakota and have two kids with one due any day now. Makes more sense to us to camp with them in a camper than tents as the oldest is 4.

Comment

• Thanks for signin' in here and welcome to camping forums!

Comment

• hey guys, new here from wisconsin. Hope to have some camping knowledge handed down to me for an upcoming camping trip i'm trying to plan out.

Comment

• Hey Phen richs welcome,

Just post any questions I am sure a forum member will reply soon. I just recenlty made the plunge myslef and purchased a travel trailer. I can tell you that you will get a much better deal on a used one than you can a new one.

Comment

• Hey, I'm new 2 the forum, Hello!

Hi there,

I just got hired as an Illinois State Apiary Inspector. I'm going to spend the summer camping all over central IL. I'm very excited. Thinking about picking up the Hobitat by Big Agnes, so I have a place I can stand up. Mostly gonna have questions about how to cook w/o electricity and how to keep my 2 little dogs contained.

Thanks.

Comment

• New folks; Always room at the fire. How Do from southern Indiana.
                    Not good at advice. Have slept in holes with rain water and sand fleas while
                    working for my uncle. After marriage stared with tents and youngins. Then pop-ups. A class C and then class B's.
                    With kids out of college and on their own, our Road Trek suits fine. Good gas mileage. Just back in site. Plug in. Your home.
                    Check out on you tube. Just enter Road Trek. Great self contained units.

Comment

• Whoops! Sorry I missed this. Well my name is Jim and I have been married to my wife Sandra for 22 years. The only camping we did was a trip before kids to Fort Pickes Florida in the back of a 89 Dakota with a shell on. I had been there about 10+ times with my own family growing up here in Missouri.

I have 5 kids from 13-19months. I have to have a Yukon XL to fit them all. I collect old Coleman lanterns and restore them. We have a throw away dog named Gibby who is a Maltese-Lasa-Poo. She likes to eat dirty diapers.

Picked up a 1970's era? Sears Hillary Family tent. Canvas. Lightly used. Time to get camping.

Comment

• New comer

I am new to this site but not new to camping. My 10 yr old son and I love camping and fishing. We try to go at least every other weekend.
                        Brian:D

Comment

• It's been a great week here at the campfire...four campateers have signed on! mrobrien, noodles, tinkerbell, Ramaniac welcome to camping forums! I certainly wish that all your camping will be fun and exciting for you and that your stay with us will also be a long and happy journey with each sharing your experiences here! Get campin'!

Comment

• Hi All,
                            I am from Dallas Texas, like to camp, hike and a little backpacking just about everywhere across Texas. Glad to be part of this forum.
                            Byron

Comment

• How Do from rainy Ohio river valley. Glad to have Ya'lll aboard.

Comment

• Howdy bntabor, welcome to the campsite away from the campground! Glad you're here. Usernames take on a whole new meaning here...each one's name become almost an inheritance as do initials bnt! Welcome! Ha Ha!:D

Comment

Working...
                                X