Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Howdy all,

New to the forum. Looks like a great site. I love to get out camping and fishing. My family on the other hand... doesn't do the great outdoors much. Most of my camping is out on my own. Tried to get out Tuesday night for some fishing and was planning on stayin till Thursday but the lake is way way low and the fish werent biting at all. Decided to call it quits that first night. I was rather surprised though that I wasn't all that cold though it was only 30 out. I was bundled up like Randy from A Christmas Story. Decided I would find another lake or river and try again later. Did have fun though trying to manage my way off what used to be an island through the sticks and not driving into the water at 10:00 at night.

Anyway, thanks again for the great site.
    WT
    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Re: New here

Welcome! A lot of great information on this forum, enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! We look forward to what you have to add to the discussions.
      Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Welcome. How is the drought going down there? You mentioned the lake was low, so I assume it's stil bad. Have you guys had any rain yet or just relief from the heat?

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes.

The drought is bad enough that we are mowing the lakes...LOL. I took the family out last June and pitched the tent 15' from the water. Went back in September and water was 150' farther out. We have had a few showers here and there but not enough to do much. Daughter was excited that we had snow for Christmas. To tell the truth, I was too. My first white Christmas in my life. Though now it is back up to the 80s. Hopefully this spring we'll get plenty of rain that will make it's way down to San Angelo and refill most of the resovoirs.

WT
          "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Sound just like me, my family doesn't do the camping/outdoors thing, so I mostly fly solo but am hoping to start bringing some friends along.
            Welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X