What Did Santa Bring You For Campin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did Santa Bring You For Campin?

Well, the end of 2011 is upon us and there has been alot of weather related bad news everywhere you looked this past year. And I also know I might be sounding like a broken record asking this same ole question every year. But if you're interested in sharing what Santa brought you or yourself bought to help you in your next planned camping trip we at CF would feel privileged to hear what you got? Oh, yeah, have a safe and happy New Year!

Since I started the thread, guess I'm bound by the camper's code to begin:

We got a new place to live! A smaller home with no pool and no sprinkler water system where I always feared in pitching our tent to clean it, for driving a tent stake through a water line. We'll be ever so close to Rockies, the Tetons and the Beartooth Ranges it just makes my mouth water dreaming of places to go camping that were once many a days drive from Reno or Vegas but now it's almost a stone's throw away! That's what we got, even though I can't actually live there yet till I sell this large palace! Soon we hope, very soon! So what did Santa bring you?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: What Did Santa Bring You For Campin?

Got this really nice portable hammock. Tried it here in the house and it's just sweet! Can't wait to try it for my next camping trip.

Comment

My only 'camping' related gift item is a genuine "Swedish Fire Steel" - I already have the protective coating scraped off, as the directions say, and it's ready to 'light my fire'! :cool:
      I did get myself another Coleman LED lantern, as I love the first one and wanted another - no light worries during a power outage now! This one has the rechargeable battery pack, with auto plug - so I can recharge it from the van or my portable 12V Big Battery. Be great for a weekend camping - which I have coming up soon.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I got 6 shiny, bright red, new MSR Ground Hawg tent stakes. They were exactly what I asked for.

How about everyone ship their new toys to me so I can give them a "shirt" field test? haha.
        Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

My mother-in-law was really sweet and put a bunch of camping accessories in my stocking this year...a tent repair kit, fan/light combo, cooking utensils, etc..

Comment

My husband got me a Stanley Fatmax rolling tool box. I'm going to use it to carry my kitchen supplies.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7109.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	69418Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7108.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	69419Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7110.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	69420
            May you always have love to share,
            Health to spare
            And friends that care.

Comment

Originally posted by nearlywild View Post
              My husband got me a Stanley Fatmax rolling tool box. I'm going to use it to carry my kitchen supplies.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3322[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3323[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3324[/ATTACH]
              I had a version of that years ago. I think you will like it, because mine lasted a looong time.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Well, "Santa" this year being my girlfriend. As far as Xmas presents for camping, I got a digital camera. I was considering making some camping "how to" videos for youtube, and she got me one that takes video.
                Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

My husband got me a Stanley Fatmax rolling tool box. I'm going to use it to carry my kitchen supplies.
                  I have one I keep all my mechanic tools in and I love it. It's really handy. I didn't think about using one as a camping box but it would be great. You could even stow a camp stove and propane in the bottom.

Comment

That tool box is cool!
                    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

The 3rd picture with the blue box is what I used to carry all my kitchen stuff in. I hated that. Now everything is nicely separated and will be easy to pack up quickly. The wheels and handle are a nice plus too.
                      Health to spare
                      And friends that care.

Comment

I like that toolbox. We shall discuss it tonight. It looks better than what I'm using now. Thanks Nearly!
                        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Looks like the toolbox is a big hit on this here forum. So didn't anyone else get camping stuff for Christmas?

Life is a verb.

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                            I like that toolbox. We shall discuss it tonight. It looks better than what I'm using now. Thanks Nearly!
                            If you do get it, don't buy it from Amazon. It's about $40 more expensive on there.
                            Health to spare
                            And friends that care.

Comment

If you do get it, don't buy it from Amazon. It's about $40 more expensive on there.
                              I bought mine at Lowes. Not sure if they have them everywhere, but its like Home Depot.

Comment

Working...
                              X