X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tent recommendation

Hi all,

I've been searching high and low for a tent that fits my specifications:
    I am looking for a large tent that has two separate rooms with separate entrances to the outdoors. the rooms must each be able to house a queen sized airbed with plenty of a few extra for luggage (60"x80" each so tent should be at least 10'x13' plus at least 6' on either dimension, so at least 16'x13' or 10'x19'). the height must be at least 6'5" in the center since that's how tall my husband is. the room dividers must be sewn in to allow for complete privacy (no gaps) with a zippered door connecting the rooms. there must be plenty of large windows and a vented roof to provide excellent ventilation, as I live in hot AZ.

TIA!

Re: tent recommendation

That's one gigantic tent! Does it take the Cirque De Soleil crew to erect it?

Comment

I'm in love with it!! I wish I could go somewhere for the entire summer & stay in it. I think I could sell my house and move into it (figuring I could hire a few folks to help me set it up).
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

This place may be able to help you. Link
        Please, somebody, anybody, help my Chicago Bears.

Comment

That's too big ecich!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Comment

I'm going along with HogSnapper on this comment, IMHO you're shopping for way too big a tent. Most spaces only accomodate 10X10 tents for ideal pitch choices. Tents larger than this typically have sub-minimal pole diameters and lack full-coverage rain flys...trust me on this, in the low desert they also shield you from strong winds and driving sand. If you need more room, go with two tents, maybe a 6-man and a 4-man. You won't spend more, but you can get more integrity and quality with that combo.
              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I'm thinking you might be better off renting an RV esp. if you insist on having a queen sized bed. Other than that, the only tents that comes to mind are 8 person Texsports.

Comment

From what I can tell, the Eureka tent looks to have a full coverage rain fly. I think I would call Eureka to ask, before buying it.

ecichlid, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I nearly spit out my supper when I clicked that link. Good one.
                  Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

:p :p :p :p

Comment

Well, that small circus tent might do the trick

Comment

Working...
                      X