Camping chairs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping chairs.

I have come to the end of my rope with cloth (like what we used to call canvas) folding camp chairs.:mad: I would simply like a couple comfortable folding camp chairs that will last a couple years without spend a retirement check for them.:confused: Any suggestions?

Re: Camping chairs.

Cabelas just introduced a new series of their own brand. I have several of their old series and we love them. If the new ones are better than the old series then they must be excellent.

Comment

ALPS Mountaineering Camp Chair. Cost me $50 at rei outlet and it is the best chair I've ever used. It's made for fat people, so it's very padded and comfy.

Comment

I've checked out the Coleman Deluxe at WalMart for around $20. It's well built and comfortable for the price..when my big MAC chairs go south, I might consider these Colemans. Our local SportChalet has some very nice chairs now with clever folding and features, but they are pricey!
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I'll check them out.

Comment

I have two of the Coleman MAX brand of heavy duty camp chairs - I am BIG and they fit me fine, have lasted two years so far and NO problems.
            Tractor Supply Store has a similar chair that I just got - it's CAMO..... gotta have my camo!! :cool:

Tractor Supply's type has one cup holder, the Coleman type have two, and are available at Wally's.

Both run $20 to $30 depending on sales.
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

We got tired of the fold up chairs too. They're OK for short term usage but not for sitting on for several days in a row. We ended up buying these http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Alps-Aluminum-Camp-Chair/productDetail/Chairs/prod70764/cat100884
              We love them. They give you so much more support and much easier to get into and out of and they still fold up.
              May you always have love to share,
              Health to spare
              And friends that care.

Comment

A bit spendy, but nice! I'll keep an eye on those, and see if I can get a sale price somewhere.
                Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

My problem with them isn't the cloth, it's that either the poles or the plastic feet break, and the chair is unrepairable and usless.
                  My girlfriend bought a camping chair at walmart recent that was supposed to be rated for up to about 350 or 400 pounds. Most of the camping chairs you see at walmart and academy are lucky to be rated to hold 200-250.
                  Lately, since I have been taking the pickup truck, I just throw in the steeel framed lawnchairs from the patio and they are pretty comfortable and hold up nicely.
                  Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

The most awesome chair in the world for car camping- the Bass Pro Shop papason! Excellent for star gazing! Mine has lasted about 6 years now, through a LOT of folding and unfolding, and through wind, hail, monsoons, snow storms, and 120 degree temps! It wasn't until last summer that I had to use some duct tape on the hard plastic cover it came with. It was $35 then, so I'm not sure what it is now.
                    Campnkt

Comment

Originally posted by gear_junkie View Post
                      ALPS Mountaineering Camp Chair. Cost me $50 at rei outlet and it is the best chair I've ever used. It's made for fat people, so it's very padded and comfy.
                      Yes, this chair has a lot of positive reviews online and runs like you stated about $50. There's a lot available online ranging from about $50 - $80. The weight capacity is 425 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by nearlywild View Post
                        We got tired of the fold up chairs too. They're OK for short term usage but not for sitting on for several days in a row. We ended up buying these http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Alps-Aluminum-Camp-Chair/productDetail/Chairs/prod70764/cat100884
                        We love them. They give you so much more support and much easier to get into and out of and they still fold up.
                        this is just like the one I got at Lowes. It was 20$ about 3 years ago a friend of mine 6'4" 325+ lbs loved it but havent found another yet

Comment

Working...
                        X