need cold weather sleeping bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need cold weather sleeping bag

I have only warm weather sleeping bags and wondered if anyone has used the browning mckinley 0 degree or -30 degree bags and can give me their two cents on em if possible. I've heard that many companies overrate their bags and would like an opinion on durabilty and warmth. thanks jeff

Re: need cold weather sleeping bag

While I do not have any experience with Browning sleeping bags, at the temps you are talking, I would only go with companies with good, well-known reputations. I personally have a zero degree bag from Ledge, which keeps me comfortable at its rated temp when I sleep in base layers. My other bag is. 45degree from Kelty, and is TOO warm at its rated temp.

Hope this helps.
    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Re: need cold weather sleeping bag

I buy my down bags off Ebay new at auction rather than paying top-dollar for a synthetic-filled. I pay the same price but have bags that don't lose their loft over the years, sleep neither too warm nor too cold (down seems to naturally adjust to sleepers and conditions) and are like new after machine washing.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
      X