Need Idea! Heavy battery and generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Idea! Heavy battery and generator

I need some ideas:-) I need to get a 70lb battery and a 55lb small generator from the ground inot the back of an SUV and I am too weak to do it myself. After 3 surgerues this year its one thing I cant do on my own when i go out to the desert camping. So I need a way to use some sort of pully / jack system or some other way to get in in an out of the back of an SUV - any ideas???

Much gratitiude in any advice.

Re: Need Idea! Heavy battery and generator

try something like this.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-hal...nch-37555.html
    Staying DRY is what it is all about and a little shade from a hot sun isn’t bad either. www.Flibitygiget.com

Comment

I have an SUV not a pickup unfortunately. Thanks for input

Chris

Comment

How about switching to a lighter battery? My Optima group 24 weights only 42 lbs. and I don't need a generator for just a few days of juice. :cool:
        Last edited by tplife; 08-15-2011, 01:03 PM.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Could it power a 1500 watt appliance ?

Comment

Can it run an appliance of 1500Watts?

Comment

So you are charging your battery with the generator?

The optima can take 1500watts, but not for long, what are you running?
              Beau

Gourmet Cooking * Travel * 4WD

Comment

Vitamix blender but only for a few minutes twice a day. And 2 kind of big speakers.

Comment

As long as you want to invest $500 in an inverter and cables, until the amps run out! :cool:
                  “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                  ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

how about sliding them up a board, a two by six or a two by eight, just a thought.

Comment

If you have a trailer hitch receiver on the vehicle, and your not towing, install a slide in rear carry rack. That will hold your battery and generator. You might leave the battery and generator on the rack while in use therefore no lifting while camping.

Comment

Working...
                      X