What do I NEED?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do I NEED?

Lots of gear tips. The first time I took my son camping (it was in a state park) we took a piece of visqueen, a length of clothesline, and two cheapo sleeping bags. Maybe a lantern or something - IDR. He remembers that trip to this day. It doesn't take a lot.

Another time I took my granddaughters camping. They remember there were ducks. They fed them popcorn and bread. All the rest was forgotten :-)

Just make it special. The gear doesn't matter.
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

I would recommend some fire starters ( in case you have wood that wont light) they are just a few dollars and work so well! When I first started camping, I was like you and just had the basics. When I realized how much I loved to camp, I began to heavily invest. I am sure you and your daughter will have a blast!

Comment

WILL HAVE A BLAST?

FOUR years later, I'm sure by now they have honed their skills.
        But it's never too late for one more suggestion I suppose.

Comment

:D LoL I was actually about to recommend one of these camping kits for kids. http://campinglanterns.net/3-kids-ca...ing-resources/ My son and I had a lot of fun whit these and learned the basics while practicing in real time
          As you said there is never late for other suggestion

Erik

Comment

I love the marshmallows idea! Hahaha! It's not camping without s'mores, after all.

Well aside from all of the essential camping gear --- sturdy tent, sleeping bag, water canteen, comp**** flashlight, matches, firestarter, etc. I also recommend one item that could seriously be of help in an emergency: duct tape! :D

Also, since my older sister's a nurse, she always brings emergency kits with us when camping. She even got me a C-A-T tourniquet and a CPR mask which looks like a keychain and you can hang it on your bag for ease of access. I think she got the keychain CPR mask from here: https://www.keychainmask.com/we-bet-...ag-essentials/

She's always stressing that survival is not just about saving your own life, but being prepared to save others as well. Sound advice, too, if you ask me.

And it's never too early for anyone to learn first aid!

Comment

Working...
            X