Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading out next week for a couple days (ramblings)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading out next week for a couple days (ramblings)

So I've been going over my lists of suggestions for things to take for this next trip. I got me an iron skillet with a lid. I'm planning on doing some fishing so HOPEFULLY I'll be using that skillet. This trip I'm going to have to take more food with me since I'll be out for 3 days instead of a day and a half. So I've got my coolers cleaned up and ready to go. Food in one, drinks in the other.

Got by Cabelas today and picked up a camp pillow. It's not the Thermarest, but it's not bad. That should make things a bit more comfortable.

I think this trip will be the opposite weather-wise from the last one. It was down right chilly that last trip. This next week the prediction is temps in the 90's during the day with high humidity. That means I'll probably get to see how this tent does in a thunderstorm. They'll be popping for sure.

Lastly, I'm trying to nail down exactly where I want to go. There's lots of state parks within a couple hours of me. My plan is to try to tie into some big bluegills. So I'm trying to find the best spot for that. Wouldn't mind wading a creek a little.

Re: Heading out next week for a couple days (ramblings)

Have fun! That's great that you have several options within a few hours.
    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Sounds like fun! Don't forget the camera! :cool:
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I'm going to quit making definite plans. When I do they always get preempted or interupted. At least this time it's for a positive reason. Looks like I'll have to put this trip off for a couple weeks.

Comment

Can't wait to see some pics and hear about your experience.

Comment

Working...
          X