Please be safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please be safe

We found a nice little campground that is only 20 miles from where we live. The weather was beautiful, children were playing and everyone was having a good time. That is, until three men went out in a canoe and only two made it back to shore. Please remember that alcohol and water do not mix.
    May you always have love to share,
    Health to spare
    And friends that care.

Re: Please be safe

In my opinion, alcohol and most things do not mix. Sorry to hear that the people left behind have to suffer because of folks drinking. It never fails locally we have 3 small lakes here and we have 3 drownings due to alcohol almost annually.
    Los Cuernos Ranch on Facebook

Comment

Yeah. Sad story that gets repeated all too often. The only thing that mixes well with alcohol is a couch/recliner.

We had a jet skier go down last year thanks to booze and a bridge support. I really wish people would think things through to the end.

Comment

I was unloading my atv and getting ready to ride. Here comes this group of other atv riders. One of the women says "There's no place to hold my beer on this thing. How am I supposed to drink my beer while I ride?" Seriously, she had a open can of beer in her hand. I just headed the other direction on the trail.

Comment

Very sad. Thanks for the reminder.
          Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Sadly, this happens here in sunny Florida every year! Last year a guy fell out of his boat while fishing and drowned - his flotation vest was still IN the boat!
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

According to the article in the newspaper about the drowning, it said that troopers had issued 31 citations to boaters over the weekend that didn't have a PFD. Too bad they weren't checking for them at Olnes Pond that day. Watching divers search for a body is not my idea of a good time.
              May you always have love to share,
              Health to spare
              And friends that care.

Comment

PFD's are the most important thing to have when engauging in any watersports but they DON'T WORK UNLESS YOU WEAR THEM!!!! It doesn't matter how good of a swimmer you are lakes and rivers can be unforgiving so in the name of common sense wear your pfd.

Comment

Working...
                X