Favorite camping gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite camping gear?

What is your favorite piece of camping gear? I love my new columbia family tent I received as a christmas present last year! It sleeps a small army comfortably and is super easy to set up and disassemble.

What is your favorite piece of camping equipment?

Re: Favorite camping gear?

I have a few favorites:
    1. Cabela's Deluxe Camp Kitchen: hands down, this is my number one favorite piece of gear. Love it, love it, love it!!! We use a solar shower, hung from one of the hooks to rinse dishes in the sink located under the middle section. This setup is da bomb!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabela's Deluxe Camp Kitchen.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	69304
    2. Eveready 4 Cell Fluorescent Folding Lantern with LED Nightlight: we have two of these -- they're great!

Name:	Eveready 4 Cell Fluorescent Folding Lantern with LED Nightlight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	69305
    3. O2 Cool Fan: we have two of these as well -- they're fabulous!

Name:	O2 Cool Fan.jpg
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	69306

That's my top three list. :cool:
    "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
    ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

These are my favorite two:

Rayovac 300 lumen lantern

Coleman 105 lumen headlamp

Comment

My favorite gear so far is my Alps Mountaineering sleep pad!

Second is my Camp Chef Hot Pot!

My husband loves his charcoal buddy fire starter.

Comment

I'd have to say my Hennessy Hammocks Explorer Deluxe hammock. With the 4 season Supershelter of course. (for the goin solo end of camping) Never had a better night's sleep. I love my $5 hurricane lanterns from walmart. I have 4 that have citronella/cedar tiki torch oil in them. Mosquito free in the Pacific NW forests. Then there's my DIY sling chair. OK, pretty much any of my DIY items like my fire piston, bushbuddy clone, hatchet, alcohol stoves, etc. I have too hany favorites to list and not enough time to use them all. I'm a gear nut.

Comment

I got headlamps this year for everyone in the family. I didn't think I would love them so much! I make sure they have them around their necks before dark.

My air mattress. It makes camping enjoyable for me.

Comment

Two things that allowed me to try winter camping: my REI Mountaineer tent (which has become a home-away-from-home for me).

And on a very personal note - my FUUD, which means I don't have to get out of the tent when "nature" calls on those cold nights.
              Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Whar a great idea, HogSnapper! I think I'll have to try that when the nieces and nephews come to visit.
                "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
                ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Thanks HS(HogSnapper) your timing in on topics are right on time....you're a wealth of great info....thanks!
                  Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                  Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

We too have started using headlights this year and they make flashlights obsolete. I've even started using one at work when i'm plumbing or doing electrical work in dark places and some of the guys I work with are following my lead.

Comment

Name:	2015.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	69403Skeletool

-Johnny
                      Last edited by Johnny Test; 10-25-2011, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Mine is my Big Agnes Insulated Air Core inflatable sleeping pad.
                        Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Hi there,

I now traveled with my backpack through North America, Asia, Africa and now I'm traveling in Australia. And I found a great product here in Australia, polycarbonate glasses from Polysafe.
                          When I began with traveling I had glasses in my backpack, but after a month 2 of the glasses were already broken.

So after this I bought some plastic glasses, but after two months they were so dirty that I wouldn't want to drink out of the plastic glasses any more.

But now I have bought Polysafe Unbreakable drinkware and have them for 5 months and there still in great condition. You can't break them and they don't look dirty. Of course they have a few scratches, but I have seriously abused them for 5 months and they still look great.
                          These are some pictures of my polycarbonate glasses:

Name:	photo ps-5.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	69408
                          This glass is nice for soft drinks and beer.

Name:	photo ps-16.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	69409
                          This glass is nice when you are drinking some wine when you are watching the sunset.

Comment

I've got to 2nd the Cabela's Deluxe Camp Kitchen. It is heavy, but well worth it for longer trips.

I've also got to 2nd the Rayovak Sportsman Extreme lanterns. I have tested all the major LED lanterns out there. You won't find a brighter lantern for anywhere near the price. I've got two, they are the best $25 purchase I've made for my camping. I use 2-AA to D adapters and rechargeable AAs, which saves lots of money.

The only additions would be a rollup table. It's light and useful when the Cabela's kitchen is impractical.

I also have to mention my dutch ovens, which make camping so much nicer. It's great to watch other campers struggling with hot dogs and hamburgers while I pull out pizzas and cinnamon rolls.

Comment

I like my Kelty, Redcloud Rucksack (pack). I can put a sleeping bag, clothes for 3 days, some Backpacker's Pantry meals, a small butane stove and butane lantern (with 3 cans of fuel), Bivy Tent, hoodie, poncho and numerous small items like a small GPS, compass (GPS can fail, be prepared), Cylumes (light sticks), and some snacks and stuff all in this thing and still have room for the Good Book.

Comment

Working...
                              X