How do you keep your food cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you keep your food cold?

Yetis' are the cadillacs of coolers...excellent choice if one can afford them! Good luck Mike! Would really like to see your photos of your purchase in action! Of course, also I have liked your choice of grilling surfaces too, since we have a Camp Chef also! Can't never scald water!! I even have mine set up next to "The Perfect Flame Grill" in the backyard and love cooking on the Camp Chef almost always!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Good God! I want one of those! Probably better if I don't find out what it costs... :eek:
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

On the odd occasion that I do need to keep something cold for a couple of days, I have used both bagged ice and dry ice methods.

I try my dead level best to not car camp, so such a thing is rarely a concern for me.
        Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Another thing that is great about the Yeti is that they have a lifetime guarantee on the entire cooler. It is an item that is on the wish list.
          FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Comment

I have a Yeti (I won a gift certificate to BassPro !). I have the smallest model in the Tundra series; ~$250. It does keep ice longer than the available-at-Target brands, but it doesn't keep ice for a week. It could be because of the type of ice available near me - I don't think it's very "cold"; I haven't tried dry ice yet. Though once the ice melts, the water and therefore the contents still stays very cold. I do like that the cooler is bear proof.
            Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

I do much better with block ice than cubes. I save the cubes for the "Diet Coke" cooler.
              FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Comment

I have found that one larger cooler works better than two smaller coolers. I generally use the largest marine cooler I could find when I have a big group.
                Recently I have tired this 12v cooler:Click image for larger version

Name:	P25.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	69285
                I hook it up to my solar panel during the day,
                Click image for larger version

Name:	4370.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	69286 and I have a battery if I need to power it at night. Works indefinitely.

-Johnny
                Last edited by Johnny Test; 05-16-2011, 11:11 AM.

Comment

i use dried food. NO NEED TO COOL!!! but then again i am a backpacker. so my advice is not the best.

Comment

Working...
                  X