Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question for Propane Coleman Stove users

Originally posted by kcscout View Post
    I also like the option that you can set a griddle on top of the coleman 3 burner stove, but a little pricey and not 'necessary' as of yet to get. I didn't much care for the stoves that have a grill / burner combo. Seems like too much mess for a weekend lake camping stove.
    You can likely find one that will fit "most" stoves... for fairly cheap. I just picked up a cast iron one today that fits my stove almsot perfectly for only $10. Being flat they are also very easy to pack/store so having it as part of a set really isn't a necessity.

Comment

Re: Question for Propane Coleman Stove users

I finally picked my 3 burner stove up and planning on getting an adapter and a larger propane container... although I had a box of mini propane bottles from a family member that moved and at the time thought great... what do I need these for... only about 4-5 bottles but they were tucked into the garage and I have them.. I looked at the bottles online and did some searching and was under the impression that it was illegal to re-fill the small tanks.. granted how is someone going to prove that it was refilled? Just wonder what if any danger you have refilling a small bottle or any danger ? Otherwise it makes great sense to have 3-4 bottles refilled and ready for a weekend campout and take up less packing space... although propane can be used for lots of other things such as a lantern (Although my current ones aren't propane)

Also speaking of danger... (Someone I know had a smaller version of my stove and cooked with it over the road and just opened windows to vent) So against better judgement, I hooked mine up in the basement because I wanted to test it out and at the time it was about 12 degrees outside and didn't feel like freezing. I can tell you in a short amount of time that it took to fire it up and test it I could see where one might get a bit nauseous ... i only plan on using it outside but wonder about how it connected / used because technically if it is putting out propane you are burning although you are consuming the air in the room too.

I just wanted to verify how it worked.. I was able to adjust the burners with some ease from a low to high setting and the auto start worked great... I would admit that it doesn't make sense to have the starter right in the flame all of the time and that will probably be a wear factor making it more likely to need to be replaced over time.

I'm a bit surprised on the size... and if thought about it again, I should have probably went with a 2 burner stove... but I wanted the 3 so that is what I will live with and if I get the griddle I think it will fit better on the 3 burner stove.

Comment

Working...
      X