Nine(9) or ten(10) Suggestions for a Camping List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine(9) or ten(10) Suggestions for a Camping List

If you're about to camp with your friends or family, know that it is crucial to make a camping checklist. Camping checklists represents the simplest methods that can be used to become correctly prepared and reduce the chance of leaving something important behind. There is no doubt that these are of enormous benefit to every camper these days. The truth is, they're so valuable that even pros endorse them! Below is a list of 10 of the most important factors why you should create your own camping checklist.

1. With camping checklists you will never forget to bring something important! Once you make a list, it is certain that there is little to be left behind!

2. Camping checklists can reduce the stress level if you plan your camping trip wise. There is nothing worse than needing to come back home as you overlooked a significant aspect!

3. Camping checklists allow you to plan anything to the smallest detail. This means that you will have full control of all your things, such as food, knifes, can openers and so on.

4. Camping checklists can make all the difference when it comes to security. Depending on the location of your trip, it is always essential that you know the dangers and how to decrease them.

5. Camping checklists are really simple to make. All you are needed to do is visualize the trip and get a pen!

6. Camping checklists are quite fun. Let your imagination go wild and plan the craziest hiking routines that you can imagine!

7. Camping checklists permit you to plan your journey accordingly. It is obvious that once you are taking every detail into consideration you will be able to have a lot more fun.

8. Camping checklists allow you to handle your items the correct way. You've possibly been in the situation in which you forgot something before and know exactly how distressing this can be.

9. Camping checklists permit you to know exactly how much food you will need. This one is highly important due to the fact that starving is not pleasant!

This is just general info that I've thought about. Please add more if you see a need! We can only increase our data-base and let's get camping!!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Nine(9) or ten(10) Suggestions for a Camping List

It's also good to have with you so that you can add things that you want to bring next time. If you run out of anything while camping, you can note that you need to get more.
    May you always have love to share,
    Health to spare
    And friends that care.

Comment

Camping checklists significantly shortens the amount of time spent preparing and packing the car. Instead of thinking about what do I need?, I just check off the items. With my checklist, I've gone from about a 2 hour planning/packing process to 1/2 hour.
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

We purchased clear bins and keep everything packed and in one area of our garage. When we come back from camping, we go through them and replenish anything that's been used up. Other than that, the only thing we need to remember is food and clothes.

We're usually packed and ready to go and half an hour.
        "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
        ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

I learned to use check list in Boy Scouts. It has stuck with me through the years. I generally know what I need but seeing it writtten in front of me will keep me from forgetting something.

Comment

I agree camping checklists are essential. I have been camping for over ?? years, (let's just say more than most of you are old), and I never start planning an outing without one, and never close the door on the last packed item with checking the lists first.

But I have developed my own additional checklist over the years - "The things most often over-looked or forgotten"

I'll give you a hint of two items on that list:
            1. ear plugs
            2. flashlight bulbs - we all seem to remember extra batteries

Gus

Comment

Great info.

Would anyone like to share one of their lists,

say for a weekend mild backpacking camping trip?

Comment

@whyfi - Lots of camping checklists around if you "Google" them. But... the issue is the starting checklists you find have to include everything you can think of just to be sure the stuff you do use are on it.

I have free printable camping checklists that are page-formatted as MS Word docs. The best part is you download them, then edit out the stuff you don't use and add any extra stuff you do use. After that it's just a matter of hitting the print button when you need one, already customized for YOUR camping gear.

They are also available in PDF format, and FREE pdf editors are available online, so if you don't use MS Word, then use the PDF files and edit them as above.

Free Printable Camping Checklists

(ps. yes, I do use my own checklists every time I camp)

Comment

@Gus

Awesome thank you! I printed 5 hopefully i remember to use them!

Comment

My master camping list has lists........shopping, kitchen, menu, locale of stuff...........sometimes it just scares me...
                    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

We don't use a list as I have clear plastic bins with everything packed already. After our first trip, I found it easier to just get stuff to use for camping and leave it packed. Less stress and much easier packing.

The only stuff we have to pack is clothes, toiletries, and the pre-prepped food that I've frozen. :D
                      "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
                      ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

i make checklists for every trip using MS Excel and I also debried afterwards and look at each item and see if I used it or not, plus make notes about anything that either needs attention such as a leaky tent and make sure that it is fixed and ready for the next trip. We keep all our camping gear in a few big rubbermaid totes that have a checklist taped to the top so that when we are in "pack and go" mode it is easy to select the appropriate bins and go. I have bins for "shelter" "kitchen" "misc gear" and my wife and I also pack bins for each person in the family. Once we have the tent set up, the rubbermaid bins stay under the cots and they also make handy tables for drinks, snacks etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X