I need kids hunters orange clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need kids hunters orange clothing

I was told one time that it was a bad idea to wear camo into the woods unless you are hunting. If you are gonna be out camping, hiking etc, you should have some hunters orange or high visibility clothing on. The reason being it makes you easier to find for search and rescue. I got in the habit of making my ex-wifes son and friends wear hunters orange while camping during elk season. Just made sense for safety. Now I want to take the same precautions with my little princess, who wears a size 6 in little girls. I haven't been able to find any hunters orange shirts or sweatshirts. I don't think she will keep a hat or vest on. Any ideas on where to look. I have tried amazon, ebay, cabela's and bass pro.

What other precautions do you take to keep track of your kids. I have bought a bunch of whistles and am currently teaching her to sit by a tree and blow her whistle.

It's not that I don't plan on keeping an eye on her, its just that,,,,,they don't call them accidents for no reason.

Re: I need kids hunters orange clothing

If it's not hunting season just get her some brightly colored outerwear, the whistle is anexcellant idea. At her age she won't be too far from you anyway.

Comment

I did a search for youth safety orange clothing and came up with this. http://www.google.com/search?q=youth...7722a22572de1d

You can also get her a bear bell. That way you can always hear where she is.
      May you always have love to share,
      Health to spare
      And friends that care.

Comment

I changed the search to high visibility clothing and found some good results. I think a necklace with a whistle and a bear bell would be good, or but the bell on her zipper.

Comment

where are you finding these kids clothes for camping??

Comment

Never ask a young teenage girl where she buys her clothes unless you are prepared to look like the guys they profile on "To catch a Predator"

I saw this young preteen girl who had on a hot/neon pink shirt. I thought that shirt would work, it is very bright. So I went over to her and her mom, asked. They gave me the strangest "What kind of freak are you?" look I have ever seen. I then explained what I wanted it for and the mom said that was a very good idea and told me the store name. "Justice" for girls. So I bought some very bright/neon shirts for her to wear.
            Like the guys said, she was never very far from me this weekend anyways. Kinda made it hard for her to play "hide and go seek" but it is worth it my mind.

Comment

Working...
            X