Instant Up Canopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Up Canopy

We are thinking about getting an Instant Up Canopy. We want something that is water proof and has sides (2 preferred) that can be added. The best that I saw was a King Canopy from Sams Club, but also read some bad reviews about them that the aluminum welds break easily. 10x10 is a minimum and cost is a factor, though I don't want to cheap out and buy piece of crap either. What's you choice?

Re: Instant Up Canopy

REI has a product called the Alcove I believe that goes for $109 and you can buy a wall (one wall covers 2 sides) for like $40 more. I set it up at the store and it was pretty decent and it was 10 X 10. I did not purchase it though and went with the coleman package that went for $139 for canopy, $39 for a bug screen for the entire thing and $20 for a wind/rain wall. I went with that one since it was appropriate for both camping and tailgating at football games. If I was choosing for camping only, I would have gone with the alcove. If bugs are an issue for you, I would go with the Coleman. The Coleman in pricey and heavy but I think it is the best constructed and the most versatile.

Comment

Re: Instant Up Canopy

I had an instant up for a few years and had two sides as well. It worked until I left it up in a hunting camp.
      The wind got ahold of it and turned it into spaghetti. I would say that it depends on if you need it to remain up in really bad weather or you can take it down until a storm passes if it gets rough.
      FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Comment

Working...
      X