Cabin Fever?????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin Fever?????????????????

Only 4 more months till memorial day. This winter has beaten me down this year. Long Cold and snowing all the time. Not large amounts of snow but enough to be a pain. Cant wait for a great 2011 Camping season. Every year I get older I like winter a little less!

Re: Cabin Fever?????????????????

We've only had 43" of snow here so far but it is still a long winter. I started hanging out in camping and RV forums at the first of the year. Been to the RV show. Been looking at maps and plotting. National Forest CG's open on May 1! It won't be long now!

Comment

I have condo fever. I told my hubby that I wanted to go camping, he said "I know. When you're eating - you want to go camping. When you're working - you want to go camping. When you're sleeping - you want to go camping".

I think he knows me quite well =)
      My Other Interest

Comment

Our idea of winter is simply switching from mountain camping to desert camping...it's one of the few things that make living out west worthwhile. Just like with my Harley, there is no such thing as "winterizing", only zipping in the thermal jacket liner and switching from fingerless to gauntlet gloves...We call this "rainy season" and the other season "the rest of the year"...
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Time to get out all the gear, clean it up, make any needed repairs, and any make replacement purchases. Not to mention time to look at any new products to play with.

Comment

My husband and I started talking about camping right after the New Year. We are so looking forward to our first camping trip. We, and our snowblower, are tired of snow. One of our first priorities will be replacing our snowblower (during the last storm, our slowblower informed us of her impending retirement), so we're not going to have extra $$$ for camping upgrades.

We are going to invest in some sort of hauling trailer though. We hate having to take two cars when we camp, and this has prevented us from camping any distance from home due to the cost of fuel. I like the small trailers that the landscapers use for their lawnmower and other stuff. Something like that would work great for us and let us travel in one car.
            "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
            ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Originally posted by surmisez View Post
              My husband and I started talking about camping right after the New Year. We are so looking forward to our first camping trip. We, and our snowblower, are tired of snow. One of our first priorities will be replacing our snowblower (during the last storm, our slowblower informed us of her impending retirement), so we're not going to have extra $$$ for camping upgrades.

We are going to invest in some sort of hauling trailer though. We hate having to take two cars when we camp, and this has prevented us from camping any distance from home due to the cost of fuel. I like the small trailers that the landscapers use for their lawnmower and other stuff. Something like that would work great for us and let us travel in one car.

Have you considered using a Roof Top Tent?
              http://www.overlandadventureoutfitters.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wardrow View Post
                Have you considered using a Roof Top Tent?
                I don't know what a roof top tent is.
                "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"

Comment

Originally posted by surmisez View Post
                  I don't know what a roof top tent is.
                  they look like these http://www.campingforums.com/forum/s...pedition-style

Comment

Originally posted by Wardrow View Post
                    Those are neat looking, however we don't have a vehicle that would work with that.

I think I prefer to have a separate tent as there are times we forget things or need more ice. I would hate to have to break camp just to make a quick run to the store. :cool:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4462.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	69250

Cars are ok too!

Comment

We are getting close boys and girls!!!!!!!! Going to be close to 80 on Monday in the commonwealth!

Comment

We're starting to reach the high 40's but it's still snowing sometimes during the night. Ugh.
                          May you always have love to share,
                          Health to spare
                          And friends that care.

Comment

Working...
                          X