Barbecue_Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbecue_Design

Hi there guys, I'm a 17 year old student living in the UK. I'm studying product design at A-Level and have decided to make a barbecue for my project. I thought that as camping enthusiasts, you may have ideas on what sort of things people look for in a barbecue.
    Part of my idea is that my barbecue should be height adjustable (so that it can act as a brazier once you're finished cooking) and it should also be portable (whether this means it folds or has wheels).
    I was wondering if you could post whether you think a product like this is needed or not and whether you would consider buying one were it on the market.
    If you already have a barbecue that you're happy with, please post the name or make of it so that I can evaluate it and possibly work aspects of it into my own barbecue.

Thanks for reading,
    Brendan

Anybody at all? Responses aren't vital, I simply need to carry this out as part of my research but I can make up posts myself with a little bit of clever editing However, if you have some spare time to make a post, it really would be much appreciated.

Comment

Come on guys!? 28 views and no replies? If you make a quick post, I promise I'll post a picture of it after I've made it.

Comment

brendan_UK If you were going to make it for camping . it would have to be small or fold togather maybe 8" x10" or 16"x10" folded . with adjustable legs that fold in for storage oh yea adjustable grate + storage bag

Comment

Looking online I found this www.iwantoneofthose.com/fold-flat-bbq/index.html not quiet what I was thinking of . hope it helps

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply Demon

Comment

Barbie Q?

Howdy Brendan,

I use what is called a tool box grill. It's heavy and big but doesn't take a lot of brickkets to have a successful roast. I have never seen a portable grill with wheels or legs for standing up that will resist a good wind. If you make one I'll buy it! The winds we are use to here in the desert blow anywhere from around 20 mph to 50 mph. I have camped in almost gale force winds but then only the wisest of campers will not!
              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Howdy, I'm new here, but do have a couple ideas for you.
                I'm more a motorcycle camper, so size and weight are more critical for me, but a BBQ cooker for car/truck camping is doable.
                Looking at my little cheapo Publix unit (got it at the local grocery store) the box is light-weight sheet steel, upper and lower shells. Not extremely durable in the long run, but could last several years if kept clean.
                For the legs, I'm thinking something similar to a photo tripod. Multi-section with snap locks, and extends wide enough to be more stable in wind. Pretty light if made of aluminum.
                Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

thanks guys

Thanks very much both of you, helped my project a lot actually I will make sure to post pictures when I've made it.

Comment

Barbie design

Howdy Brenden,

Seeing a photo of your creation will be great! But you should also try it camping too. I visited the UK back in the early 1970s in the Army(US) and thought that the UK was a beautiful country and that camping there would be fun. Never got to camp my way but as an infantryman then it was uncomfortable to say the least. We will be looking forward to the conclusion of your project.
                    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

hi there. I just got in.

Comment

Working...
                      X