No announcement yet.

June 2011.......should be headed west.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2011.......should be headed west.

My sister in law in Vancouver has planned a 50th B-day celebration for my brother.
    It is also my 45th...........
    We are somewhat planning to drive out there and finally see what is west of Ontario.

It should be a fun trip..........I think.............I hope...........
    I just got a new(er) car.........a 2008 Toyota Corolla.
    The gas mileage will be great with the cruise locked at about 90 kmh.
    We may have 2 weeks...maybe 3........depends on how sticky the wifes boss is gonna be.

The wife doesn't drive, so it's me all the way.
    We will have one electric cooler with us for plenty of cold juice and water.....

People have said "you need to rent a van...."...............why would I A) pay to rent a vehicle?
    B) pay to spend 40% more on fuel?..when I just got rid of my %^$# Caravan?.
    Yes a Corolla is a small car, but it stops at rest stops the same as any other vehicle.
    Unfortunately won't be camping though........want to minimize what we take.

I had thought about pulling a very small utility trailer to put ALL our stuff in, OUT of the car.....something about 4x6.......don't know yet, still early.

About 4200 km all together......at 2100 km/h, I can make it in 2 hours.......

Re: June 2011.......should be headed west.

About 4200 km all together......at 2100 km/h, I can make it in 2 hours.......

Whoowee..... those new(er) Toyotas are FAST! :D
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Re: June 2011.......should be headed west.

Think it'll be a fun adventure! Just because you're not going to camp releases you from posting up any photos of your trip, it doesn't! It is always nice to see Canada! Thanks for the Facebook photo of your snow! Amazing! Did ya post up a photo of your new car in "What are you driving?" Happy New Year to ya too!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
      X