What does camping mean to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does camping mean to you?

Yeah, I know it's almost Ho,Ho,Ho day and almost half our the United States is like Canada, cold and covered in snow, but if you got a moment or two to pen your thoughts about what camping means to you? I know I've asked this question before but reading it again from newer members, even the old hands, it's fun and helps everyone cement that bond of understanding! Hey, thanks for looking! Hope the holidays are good for everyone! Thanks in advance!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: What does camping mean to you?

Camping is the joy of being outdoors; listening to be birds; the wind through the trees; the peace of an early morning campfire; the smells of the forest.

Comment

For me it's a chance to be with my family with no other distractions. It's a nice way to just slow down.
      May you always have love to share,
      Health to spare
      And friends that care.

Comment

Generally it's a chance to get together with like-minded friends and buddies, doing some good clean outdoor activities and having fun!
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

For me it is an opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle. As stated above it is a great opportunity to get away and enjoy my family distraction free.

Comment

The ability to roll out of bed and jump in the ocean.
            Unwind and detach from the technological wonders so many of us now posses.
            To watch my granddaughter grow in age and appreciation of the world around her.
            Explore new ways of cooking and cuisines with less conveniences than I have at home......er that last bit is up for grabs......in some ways my camp kitchen is better equipped than the one at home
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

What does camping mean to you?
              2 main things:

1 - spending time with my family. Any time spent with my kids is time well spent.

2 - being close to nature. When we are at home, its easy to turn on the TV or computer and drown ourselves with technology. Like last summer when I took my son and nephew camping on a local river. It was nice and peaceful. The kids fished, and went swimming, and all without computers or tvs.

Comment

Camping means staying in touch with who I really am.

I am not concrete and buildings and freeways and traffic.

I am not computers and cell phones (although they are cool)

I am not make-up and clothes and curling irons.

I am streams and trees and wildlife.

I am fishing and boating.

I am campfires and beer (LOL!)

I am a part of this beautiful Earth and I respect every aspect of it.
                My Other Interest

Comment

It means being surrounded by my familial and this beautiful world that God created for is to enjoy, a great fear I have is one day we will have destroyed it all tring to get ahead.
                  Let us enjoy what we have left of the great wilderness.
                  Varsey

Comment

My fiancé introduced me to 'adult camping' about 2 years ago. For me it's almost a necessity. We usually stick to the local mountains where there's no cell phone reception. For someone that's plugged in 24/7, camping becomes a mind cleansing experience, enjoying nature, the quiet and not checking my email.

- shane

Comment

Camping is time with family, sleeping under canvas listening to nature, doing simple things and reading a good book, just relaxing. We take a lot of those conviences like TV, DVD players, cell phones, and this year will even take laptops. We don't watch tv like some would at home but rather have it for late at night or to get news and weather, the DVD player is nice when you don't have much tv reception or for our DGD at night. We have 7 yr old DGD that camps with us quite a bit and last year she decided she didn't want to camp if we didn't have cable/satelite or internet. I decided when it was time to renew our cell phones that I would get a smart phone so I can tether to the laptop this season for her. If that is what it takes to keep her camping then so be it. She has since decided that she just wants to go camping even if we don't have those things. She likes the time we spend with board games, dolls, playdough, blowing bubbles, just time with her.

Comment

Working...
                      X