Yosemite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yosemite

If anyone wants suggestions on how to see Yosemite on 2-5 days get in touch with me (except for winter). I worked in the park for 10 summers, and know lots of places to see some awesomely beautiful things/places there - without the crowds.
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Sweet!

I'll probably take you up on that in the spring...

Comment

Originally posted by arturo7 View Post
      Sweet!

I'll probably take you up on that in the spring...
      No problem!

You can park in Yosemite Falls parking, and go for a beautiful walk starting next to the falls, and so maybe 1-2 people, ending up at the Awanni (sp) hotel. You can take the drive to Glacier point, but pull off at a place, walk about 30 minutes, and get a 360 degree view of the whole Park; for a kicker, maybe 4-10 people will be there, and in addition to the view/s of the park from there (if the weather is clear) you will be able to see San Francisco, to boot!

And, there are other places to send you. When ready, rattle my cage and I'll be happy to help out.
      Chuck
      So. Oregon
      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Re: Yosemite

We have a couple of free days next week, and are currently in Mammoth Lakes, CA...just down the road from Yosemite. We'll be wandering the entire west from Yellowstone to the Grand Canyon over the next seven months, so this will not be our only chance to see Yosemite - more of a good opportunity to "break in" the wife on tent camping (she's done a bit of it over the years, but nothing like we have planned for this fall). So, I'm looking for a beautiful location where we might have a shot at getting a tent camping spot without too much hassle. CA schools here go back in session on 8/24, so I'm hoping crowds are starting to thin a little. The number of people in Mammoth has dropped precipitously since last weekend. Any recommendations on how to maximize the impact of that first camp-out in Yosemite, taking into account that we have a place to stay right down the road and will be back again in the late fall? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X