What is Santa Bringin You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Santa Bringin You?

Now that the turkey has been consumed(we had lamb) and The Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is over, I ask that proverbial question! If you're comfortable with chattin about what you are getting for yourself or what you hope that someone will purchase for you, post up...hey it doesn't have to be campin gear but that would be nice! Let's here about those holiday wishes?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Well, I am in serious Prepper Mode these last couple years, and now have my utility trailer and a Generator. I'll be spending the cooler months building the trailer into a mini-RV/Toy Hauler. I'll be upgrading the Grand Caravan too, for basic camping use. So a lot of those type goodies will be coming my way. Luckily, we have a Tractor Supply and an RV store on my side of town, Lowes and Home Despot close, and Harbor Freight in town. The only limitation being money. :eek:
    I am also beginning to hunt more, mostly on a good local buddy's hunting lease - been helping him put up tree stands and feeders - so maybe next year I'll buy into something similar and then I'll be putting those things up too.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Well, so far, so good: One GSI products ladle, $2.50.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Nothing. Seriously.

We don't have the $$$ to "do" Christmas.
        I am chipping away and throwing hints and suggestions to my wonderful man that I am ready to go camping again (I am always ready, but I gotta compromise a bit).

I would rather save the money for that. Of course I'm gonna get my kids a little something (who live with their dad) but other than that, camping will be my gift...hopefully!
        My Other Interest

Comment

Santa

I asked for a new reel to go with my St Croix rod looking forward to that. That is all I asked for but would guess there will be some camping gadgets under the tree since that is all I talk about. My wife says I am obsessed with camping and suggested attendance at a 12 step group for campers. I figure there are way worse things to be obsessed about. Especially since my obsession allows the family to enjoy weekends together.

Comment

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post .

For Christmas I got myself a tent and 3 sleeping bags. The tent is a 10x10 Coleman Sundome that I came across on Craigsllist. I wanted to buy a new one but money is tight. So when I saw this one on Craigslist I jumped on it. The price was right. The bags....2 Suisse Sport 5 degree bags and a Wenzel 20 degree bag. Not expensive. Just something to get me started camping.

Comment

I got myself a new (to me) tent and 3 sleeping bags. Nothing expensive. Just something to get me started camping.

Comment

Susan and I promised not to get each other anything. So far, we have ordered two new GPS units and will buy ski racks for our van this weekend. I ordered a 0 degree sleeping bag and a new one person, 3 season, tent.
                Chuck
                So. Oregon
                TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

He brought us a 6 day camping trip to Napa Valley, one long day on the Sonoma Coast driving the rig over Hwy One whereby a fool in a p/u truck passed us on a double yellow section honkin his horn, yelling obscenities and showin us by finger gesture just how many friends he has! It was a wonderful trip seein country that we've never seen before and allowin us to camp in a campground that has over 55 sites and the only other campers that were there was the host. A very good camp! That's what Santa brought us...oh yeah, and a couple of bottles of wine! HaHa!
                  Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                  Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I think Santa is going to pass this house by this year. I am driving back to Maine to see family, so if Santa could send me a pre Christmas gas card, I would be grateful....

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebait Ranch View Post
                      Susan and I promised not to get each other anything. So far, we have ordered two new GPS units and will buy ski racks for our van this weekend. I ordered a 0 degree sleeping bag and a new one person, 3 season, tent.
                      Add to that, at REI today, a ski rack for the van, a new day pack for her, warmer winter socks for me:rolleyes:
                      Chuck
                      So. Oregon
                      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Working...
                      X