Store opening.......gotta see!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store opening.......gotta see!!

This Saturday, up here in the now snowy great white north, a store called Mountain Equipment Co-op is opening.
    Prizes, draws, seminars, even reps from Ontario Parks are supposed to be there.
    I have never been in a MEC before, but as I understand, it is somewhat similar to your REI stores down south of the line.
    I am going to try to get there before they actually open, maybe get a $20 gift card??.....probably not though.......lineup will be long, probably a 7:30 or 8:00 am line.
    Who knows?.......maybe I can have a hotdog for brekky!!
    ( I am a weekend hotdog vendor......I will be comparing:eek

Here is a link for anyone who wants to see a bit of what they carry.

http://www.mec.ca/Main/home.jsp

I will have to post more after my visit.

Sounds great! I'll bet they only carry quality gear, God knows we don't need any more big-box dealers of cheap disposable gear. I'm a hot dog afficianado - currently I only eat the Oscar Meyer and Ball Park Angus dogs. Once you've had them, it's hard to go back! :D
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

The prices aren't bad, comparing to our weak US FunnyMoney fiat dollars.

Their logo is similar to REI - wonder if they might be affiliated...?
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
        Their logo is similar to REI - wonder if they might be affiliated...?
        The whole site looks very REIish.

Comment

Working...
        X