Flea Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market

Just wanted to share with you guys some of the things I have been able to pick up at various flea markets. They can be a very good place to pick up good used or new camping gear here is what I got this year

Coleman 2 Mantle propane lantern with hard case never used $10
    Coleman 2 Mantle propane lantern used but works perfect $10
    Coleman 8D Flouresent lantern $2
    Coleman 2 burner propane camp stove with leather case that holds 2 1lb bottles $10
    Coleman 2.8 gallon Toliet if it was used it was only used once $5
    Coleman 34qt cooler like new $3
    Igloo 36qt cooler used but works good $5
    Igloo cooler (not know what size exactly but i do know it holds a full 30 pack) $5

Just some examples of how to save some money on some gear my friend bought a new coleman northstar lantern for $47 plus tax so for what he spent on 1 lantern I got all of the above which all work perfect hope this helps someone. I also noticed now that the summer is winding down there is more stuff showing up at lower prices.

WOW! Now that is some GREAT shopping!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

thanks i already had a stove but for the price i cant say no

Comment

2 new ones today
        coleman 54 qt steelbelted cooler $10
        2 gallon coleman water cooler $3

Comment

When I lived in SoCal my brother and I used to go to 3 or 4 different Swap Meets every Sunday. After a while we lost interest. It became harder and harder to find good deals on used items because they all became full of people selling New Asian made junk and bootleg items.

Comment

Yep, same with our permenent "Flea Market" and our gunshows - either new crap for retail prices or old well-used items for 'new' prices.......
            Takes the fun out of it...... :o

Craig's List and our local free-cycle are good places to check though.
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

You can't forget yard sales and of course the local thrift shops for finding bargains.

Comment

yep mine is the same although the 2 i go to have a outdoor flea section which are just for flea/yardsale items. I was amazed by how much of the stuff I got was next to new. I guess some people had intentions of camping and either never got to it or found out it wasnt for them. Oh well my gain

Comment

I bought a almost new white gas Coleman lantern from a lady at a swap meet for $10. As I was handing her the the money her daughter who I guess was about 7 started to cry. She said to her Mom "Your selling MY lantern?" Her Mom said "We'll go camping again someday I promise but we need to sell the lantern now because we need the money". I remembered that little girl crying every time I used that lantern. It was a good lantern and I used it for a few years but I eventually gave it away because I remembered that little girl crying every time I used it.

Comment

Working...
                  X