time sliping away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time sliping away

Hi, just a few thought that came to me when I was thinking about camping now compared to when I was a little kid with mom/dad.

I had a motor home, pop up & a 29' trailer , TV, A/C, sink, bathrm , I didn't like the kids playing vid games and watchind DVD's and microwave popcorn thats not the camping I did as a kid, I missed real camping, and whent back to a tent and the kids & I love it. We now sit around the fire and talk and pop popcorn over the fire and I found with my oldest girl now 23 that you don't get 18 years with your kids your lucky to get 12/13 years after that it's not cool to hang with mom & dad, Don't lose that time to a vid. game.

A very good point! Leave home at HOME. Camping should be a 'pure' experience. And when Johnny and Suzie are older with their own kids, they will have good things to teach them, from camping with Gramps and Granma!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
      A very good point! Leave home at HOME. Camping should be a 'pure' experience. And when Johnny and Suzie are older with their own kids, they will have good things to teach them, from camping with Gramps and Granma!
      Two weeks ago, when up at Middle Boulder Lake, there was a young family breaking camp, heading home........ Daddy carried a backpack, mommy carried a backpack, their large mix breed mutt dog carried a pack, and their 3 year old daughter had on a pack, too! I would guess the wee one had her "banky" and favorite stuffed critter in her pack.

That was a real warm fuzzy to see, knowing they were preparing that young lady for some great experiences later in life.
      Chuck
      So. Oregon
      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Working...
      X