Leave Sunday Morning Early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave Sunday Morning Early

Finishing packing the Roadtrek and putting a wax on her.
    Sunday a.m. leave for Sandusky Ohio for a few days then onto the Jiimaan ferry to Leamington Ontario.
    Past Sunday the son from Lexington, Kentucky came to visit.
    Brought along his modern full colour GPS system so Mon and Pop will not get lost. This will be our twelth venture to Ontario and the second via Ohio and ferry.
    But, its great letting the kids spoil us from time to time.
    He also brough us his (My-Fi?) so we can keep in contact via net.
    So as we travel and camp, will send a note from time to time.
    No real plan for Canada. Will go to a sight on the north beach of Erie to start. Perch fishing. At Wheatley, Ontarios Holiday Harbour campgrounds, then?

Sounds like a fun trip. I believe your son lent you his Wi-Fi that will enable you to access the internet while on the road. I will be using the same when I go to yellowstone next summer to help with my blog. The problem I have now is when I camp in the Smokies, I cant get reception. I guess the forrest is to dense to allow even Wi-Fi in. Heck, I camp some places that you have to pump in sunshine.

Good luck on your trip and please post pics if possible. I have never been to Canada and would like to see what it has to offer as far as camping. Be safe and have fun.

Comment

It is a strange new world. Years ago we camped where the Net and phone towers did not exist and the largest village was 1200 people.
      Now phone and net serves is common.
      No big cities yet and when it is dark it is like being in a cave except for the stars and northern lights.
      Will try to have a youngin post photos for us.
      Do have one of those new fangled cameras.

Comment

It's always interesting when we 'mature' campateers get dragged into the 21st Century - sometimes kicking and screaming.......
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Youz state siders need to git yer butts up here for some campin!!

Depending on where you go, it's pretty much the same scenery as you have in the US.

Only difference is if you camp in a Provincial (state) park, it isn't cheap..........this year I paid 39.25 per night for a "middle" quality site with electric.

And up here, we don't have the funny accents either:D

Comment

Departed 19 June this year. Just returned from a trip that took us from Ohio to Ontario, Michigan back to Indiana then on to Lexington Kentucky.
            Wife and I found walking the beach at Holiday Harbour Wheatley On to be both relaxing and chance to meet strangers. Something deep in the nature of us humans that makes sitting by a campfire and walking a long stretch of beach with white rolling surf such a joy.
            Found cost of wi-fi across international borders to expensive to use.
            Moved along the Saint Clair river hwy to enjoy a night at Cathcarts on the river then thru Sarnia and home. Camping at private camps cost $25 a night at Wheatley with on beach camping and $27 at Cathcart with senior rate.
            River camp at Mongo indiana $27. Then stopped by Seymour then to Lexington to visit son. Bunked there and with free lodging and eats and nice visit.
            Only thing better than traveling is finally seeing your old digs.
            Will mow and till garden and then go on a local stay to fish and drink coffee by fire. Have large stock of Tim Horton coffee now. More news and boring photos later.

Comment

Working...
            X