Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod's Notebook

Howdy,
    This is nothing more than something to keep in the back of everyone's thoughts when it comes to do doing certain actions here.

What's moderated:
    For Threads & Posts. Only your first four to six threads or posts are moderated. We would like registered users(campers) to chat camping. Spammers beware!

Visitor Messages: ie. sending someone a message direct to their profile page.
    Social Group Messages, All picture comments, and all album photos are moderated.

Not moderated: Private Messages. Thanks for looking. If you have any questions please pm me anytime. We will get to your concern as soon as we can. Thanks!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I like the moderation and the atmosphere here... I was on another board the other day and the mod's closed it down because some people were bashing the "Ipad" and the moderator closed it down...why? cause he's a dumb-ass We're lucky to have dedicated people here!
    Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
    USMC Retired
    Scout/Sniper

Comment

I too enjoy the atmosphere of this forum. There is really no bickering and the respect level of the members is above and beyond any other forums I have been on. There are no biased mods dictating threads, and the member morale is very high and never negative. Everyones opinion is taken for just that, their opinion, and everyone on here seems to appreciate what all the members have to say. Vegas and JohnJohn run this site very efficiently and do a great job making people feel welcome. As always I urge any of you visitors just browsing through these threads to sign up. I see lots of visitors on here all the time and signing up only takes a short amount of time and lets you be part of the discussions and have full benefits of a member. This is by far the best forum I have found yet, bar none.
      "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
      sigpic

Comment

I have joined many forums over the past 3 years. CustomMagnums (I am a moderator there) was the only one where people are courteous, polite and respectful. They are very welcoming to newcomers and the other mods are great to work with. I have made friends all across the country. Now I feel the same about this place.

I have only been here on campingforums for less than a week and I feel right at home here! And what are the odds that I join a forum only to discover that I have met a member (vegasdesertfox) before? Must have been fate!

Thanks for making this site exsist!
        Last edited by SilverMaggie; 02-01-2010, 05:11 PM.
        My Other Interest

Comment

Thanks...you know how to pull at someone's heart strings, don't you? Keeps me humble...thanks! Now get camping, by cracky!:o

Comment

vagasdesertfox; Keep on keeping on my friend. Only other sights we have found, that are this friendly are fishing forums.
            Thanks for the folks here. Making a long winter easy to
            tolerate.
            When here, feel I am among friends.

Comment

Originally posted by angler57 View Post
              When here, feel I am among friends.

Fully in agreement here!
              "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
              sigpic

Comment

Now that we've said all these great things... should we do something to piss the mods off? haha j/k!! kinda
                Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
                USMC Retired
                Scout/Sniper

Comment

.................... Sheez! I almost brought out the Kleenex . This is a great forum. As said above, I have felt welcome from when I first signed on, and as with others, I truly appreciate all the work being done by all of us to keep it the way we have it.

In this forum, I think it wouldn't be difficult to figure out I am more on the backpacking/survivalist side of the pendulum than on the camping/rv side. But, that hasn't stopped me from picking up tidbits of great information.

I hope I can help others who are interested in experimenting outside their safety zone and pounding trail a bit deeper into the forest/wilderness than they have tried.

As others have mentioned, I too, belong to other forums. None of them do I feel as comfortable as I do with this one.

Thanks again to all of you, leaders too! :D

Read that the groundhog saw his shadow! I hope that means more snow around here. I haven't been backpacking once, yet, this winter!
                  Chuck
                  So. Oregon
                  TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                  TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                  SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

I think we should try and have a campingforums annual campout this summer and all meetup somewhere!
                    Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
                    USMC Retired
                    Scout/Sniper

Comment

That's a tall order on short notice Rich...

Maybe summer 2011. It'll take massive planning to find a spot central to the US and the world. We've got campers here from Canada, Europe, South Africa, Australia too...and coast to coast here from Florida up to Maine, Colorada, California, Utah, Montana...all over. Regional for now seems better but that still would take a heap of planning!

Let's throw it around and see what happens.

Hey, Eaglebait, know where I can get kleenex on online...I'm running out?
                      Last edited by renodesertfox; 02-03-2010, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardvg03 View Post
                        I think we should try and have a campingforums annual campout this summer and all meetup somewhere!

In my car forum, we call those Meet & Greets. We have many and it's always a great time meeting cool people with the same interests.

You should all come to the Desert while I'm down there,(yea, I know, not as easy as it sounds!) April - mid June, we could go to Indian Cove Campground and go explore. I know of a place way back inside the cove where you go under the rocks and find a waterfall, sometimes it's very little water though. It's beautiful!
                        My Other Interest

Comment

Commenting on Photos.

When a registered camper looks at another registered camper's profile page and that page contains a photo album(s) if a registered camper wants to leave a comment concerning a nice photo they saw all you have to do is: Click or double click on the photo you're looking at and then scroll the image down and underneath the photo there is a place to leave a comment. Compose your comment and click the save box. Done! It's a great way to always have that comment posted so others who venture out and into another registered camper's profile page can see what others before him/her have said! It's a way of helping to build this on-line community of great campers! Thanks for looking and thanks for your time...dusty trails!

Comment

Uploading Photos: Where should I Put them?

Howdy Campateers,
                            This is no big deal, but a reminder needs to be updated every-once-in-awhile. And even I am guilty of uploading photos into the wrong sub-forum. Hey, nobody's perfect and I usually come in first place with my humanness! Ha Ha!

If you are uploading a photo of your rig or anything that you can relate to the sport of camping, a group shot, your tent, etc...Please upload your photo(s) to the sub-forum: "Photo Gallery". That way the world won't have to search too hard looking for posts in some long forgotten, page 15, thread.

However, if you are writing a description of a camping location and/or doing a personal review of a campground, national park, state park, or even a dispersed campout, please place those photo and mini-blogs in the CF section: "Where to Go". Find your section of the country and state and place your stuff there. Photos placed in the wrong sections will be moved, you have been warned.

The "Where to Go" section of the forum serves two purposes. Questions and answers of where to go camping. Even I have failed to get it right all the time. All I'm asking is for every great campateer here to think before you jump. The "photo gallery" & "Wher To Go" sections are the least used sub-forum so let's use them!

Last...if you need something deleted, just ask. I'm only a pm(private message) away. I'll get to your request(s) as soon as I can, unless I'm campin'! Thank you for your time and attention to my humble requests! Now let's get campin'!

Comment

Spreading the words about us!

Now that campin' season is upon us, or fast approachin', and campateers might want to pass the word along how great this site is, here's an idea for you to consider. This is what I do and I don't get in anyone's face nor do I litter the ground with flyers.

Make a business card with the following words:

http://www.campingforums.com

That's it. Now when you go to a campground and you're lookin' at the "Message Board" take out a staple gun(small one) that you keep in a tool box in your rig and staple the business card to the message board. There, you have spread the word. If you pass out business cards you do so at your own risk, they are great for starting a fire but they can also find the ground and then it's called litter. Also it's a good idea to ask the camp host, if one is available. Some hosts don't want they campground advertised!

When I'm campin' people always gawk and remark how neat we keep our campsite is as opposed to the masses that camp out of boxes and are messy. That's called conversation....and that's when I bring up campingforums.com. Sometimes people come over to borrow something, I'll give 'em matches but I won't loan 'em anything, thats when I mention camping forums. So when you're camping and talking, spread the word...if that isn't your strong hand then staple a business card to the message board, you're spreading the word. And you're not a litterer.
                              Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-04-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X