No announcement yet.

Campfire Wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have ourselves have moved away from making campfires when we camp. The campfire doesn't hold it's mystic on us any longer. If you haul in your own lumber then there is the space issue about hauling it. Wood fires, smoke and that's another item that we just don't like dealing with. Campfires really also don't provide large amounts of heat to keep a person warm. When evenings come we are usually in our Kodiak Canvas's front vestibule with lit lantern and if we need heat then we just use our Mr. Heater. We don't even like smores or marshmallows either. Nor pre-packaged food, we never make anything from a box, we all bring all the scratch items we need to make what we have decided will be our menu for that meal. call me unsportsmanlike, then you better bring a lunch to the fist-fight cause we're gonna be at it a long time! With huntin' season, and with bow...there is no time for a fire either, only time to sleep and stalk & sip YJ! Now if I still had children we would do the campfire thing for them. Over time, a camper changes their style of campin' many times throughout their life...right now we're not making campfires. That's whats good about this forum, each of us has our reasons for this and that and we can openly exchange ideas. Too bad about wood restrictions in certain other parts of this country...Nevada is not governed by them, campin' here in this state is great! Some times desolate campin' with only creosote bush for shade but that just being a Nevadan.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Well hearing some of these stories I feel very blessed We go out a few days before going out and harvest some wood. Mostly Oak for cooking we use wild cherry. There is alot of standing dead trees here and they are right for the picking we can burn as much as we want.

Comment

Working...
      X