No announcement yet.

Who do you go camping with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I camp by ourselves now. We took our two sons with us from the time they were born until their boyscout days. Then they started on their own. The peace and quite, the warm fire in the fall, and a fantastic bottle of wine. Nothing could be better.

Comment

I love to camp with my wife, especially now that our kids are grown and in college. You can get into some very deep conversations with little or no distractions from a phone or computer, and actually finish them. The thought of sharing a sleeping bag with her can be romantic in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Familycampingguy View Post
        I love to camp with my wife, especially now that our kids are grown and in college. You can get into some very deep conversations with little or no distractions from a phone or computer, and actually finish them. The thought of sharing a sleeping bag with her can be romantic in itself.

That is what we like about our popup. We look for a campsite way off the beaten path and enjoy the peace and quiet by the fire.
        2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
        2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
        I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

We are also pre-empty nesters. Kid is in the first year of collage but lives at home. Hubby and I go when ever we can. We have a small but comfortable travel trailer and just love the state parks around Texas. Always looking to make new friends to camp with. Anyone out there from the San Antonio area?

Comment

Who do you camp with

I enjoy camping with my four year old son. I have not been successful in talking my wife into going with us yet. She says maybe this summer. Will see but it may just continue to be the boys which is allright to. :D

Comment

Who do I camp with?

My family and I (wife and three kids) usually only camp 2-3 times a year with Spring Break being the longest at a week.
              At least once a month, I go camping with the boys in the Boy Scout troop that I am Scoutmaster of with a couple of week-long activities during the summer.
              I loved being in Scouts when I was a kid and camping was one of the big reasons that I stuck with it. As I got a little older (after earning my Eagle rank), life got in the way and I got away from Scouts. Last summer, I went with my son to Boy Scout summer camp so that he could go and I also taught the Wilderness Survival Merit Badge. I was asked if I might be interested in being an Assistant Scoutmaster...I jumped at the chance as I was just marking the time to when my son was old enough to give me a reason to get involved with Scouts again. About two weeks after that, I was asked to be Scoutmaster because of my outdoor background. Now, I REALLY look forward to the once-a-month Scout campouts.
              Scott W. McClure
              Photographer/Scoutmaster Troop 202
              Eagle Scout-BSA/Order of the Arrow-Vigil Honor Member

"You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day and only so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn't waste either." The late Galen Rowell.

Comment

I do it three ways.....

1) Camp alone in my "backyard" - the Apalachicola National Forest. I go in there by motorcycle, get up into the trees out of sight, and 'stealth camp' in peace and quiet.

2) Roadtrips to places of interest with a couple riding buddies. Sometimes just an over-nighter, sometimes an extended weekend. We camp either at MC-only campgrounds, or at State Campgrounds.

3) A few times a year, we have "Dual Sport Meets" at various locations in the Southeast with up to 60 or more bikes attending, for mixed road rides and off-roading. We stay at the MC-only campgrounds - it's actually not as noisy as you'd think! Family campgrounds are a lot noisier!

Needless to say, I don't carry too much gear - only the essentials!
                Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

With The Family

I go camping with my wife, daughter and mother-in-law. I also go on short backpacking trips several times a year with who ever I can convince to go with me. I used to go camping by myself every once in a while but not anymore.

Comment

As a youth in scouting we were very avid campers. Southern California gave us the beach and mountains both. In the army, I camped also. Unfortunately one of my children was severely asthmatic and we had to stop. I always preferred camping on my boat. The mosquitoes were bad, but sleeping on the boat is heaven !

Comment

camping

So my first post,,, wooo hoo.. im glad i found this site,, looks like its fairly new? hopefully we can get it crazy,,
                      i like to camp with good friends and family but am content with one friends or a girlfriend. My dog always goes with me EVERYWHERE.. so needless to say she camps with me. i wont camp at a place if she cant go. i spend alot of time in Bishop Ca... i am planning a big trip this May, to az, co, ks, back to Co and ending up in Tahoe.. maybe hit the Cali coast for a day.

Comment

Family and / or Friends . But at winter time its just the 3 of us me, myself & I :D:D

Comment

During my youth I was lucky enough to be in a Boy Scout Troop that went camping once a month regardless of weather, sans December.

Then in high school and college I got too busy doing other things. Once I graduated college and got married I found out that my wife's extended family goes camping regularly. That's when you go "Camping, Oh Yeah I used to love doing that!"

I guess we've been doing this for 7 years now. There are three other couples that pretty much make every trip. One couple is my wife's Aunt and Uncle, and one of their daughters and her family, and my wife's sister and her family. We usually make 4 trips a year together, one in March, June, August usually a week, and October. We've gone from 0 kids, to 5 ranging in ages from 4 to 8 months. All of the kids in the group made their first trip at less that 4 months old.

These trips are really fun and I always look forward to them, and it makes for good conversation at Christmas especially with the people that don't go camping. Also at Christmas we plan the next years trips, and it gets you fired up even though its cold outside.

This year we're going to add some trips with just the wife and kids. We're pretty close to northern Oklahoma which has a ton of lakes and campgrounds. I'd also like to start fishing.

Comment

Working...
                          X