Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Up!!!

now that i have your attention
    According to JohnJohn there are at least 150 members at this site.How many are tent campers? Lets have some input people.This could be a great site but everyone needs to wake up and smell the coffee!!! Lets get thoses post going. I am sure everyone has a camping story,favorite campground,or something they can share here.Lets not let all JohnJohn's hard work go to waste.

I'm here...and awake
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

I am new to this site and would love to share stories with all of you. I tent camp and wouldn't camp any other way. There is nothing like carrying your home on your back, along with your food, clothing, and water. The reason we tent camp is just so my wife and I can get away from the rat race of work, and what is a real problem in this country today, stupid people.
      Best camping area for us by far is Acadia National Park in Maine. There is nothing like laying out on the ground on a clear night with the stars sooo bright that they are like a night light. The air is so clean, it is what I want heaven to be like. I would love to here from others if you would sign on...

Comment

Originally posted by Familycampingguy View Post
        I am new to this site and would love to share stories with all of you. I tent camp and wouldn't camp any other way. There is nothing like carrying your home on your back, along with your food, clothing, and water. The reason we tent camp is just so my wife and I can get away from the rat race of work, and what is a real problem in this country today, stupid people.
        Best camping area for us by far is Acadia National Park in Maine. There is nothing like laying out on the ground on a clear night with the stars sooo bright that they are like a night light. The air is so clean, it is what I want heaven to be like. I would love to here from others if you would sign on...
        Welcome to the forum!
        JohnJohn
        ---------
        Forum Admin

Comment

I have to agree about tent camping but we prefer our tent to be on wheels and to popup. My wife and I did backpack for a while before this. you are correct about getting away from the rat race. My only camping in Maine
          has been around York Beach so getting away from people was not on the menu then. It was fun and my son enjoyed his only trip to Maine so far.

Originally posted by Familycampingguy View Post
          Last edited by jpurdy; 08-19-2008, 08:01 AM.
          2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
          2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
          I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Howdy,

Tent camping, what else is there? Oh, you mean those guys that take their homes with them - turtles with wheels - oh them! it's their gas if they want it that way! Organization is the key and I dropped my keys somewhere in this forum, I can't find my way out! That's okay, it's tent camping or bust!
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I'm a tent camper heres mine

Comment

As I tell folks with trailers or RV's - "If you ain't on the ground, you ain't camping!" :D

I motorcycle camp, so carry my wee bivytent mostly - a buddy christened it the "Bodybag With a View"! :rolleyes:

Here's my typical camp:

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...5/IM000518.JPG[/img]

If I am going to be at a location for a few days, I'll carry my 3-man dome tent - a palace for one tired guy! But it keeps all my gear out of the weather. Need to get a good two-man tent, for a bit lighter carry. I'm a BIG guy.
                Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                X