Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the subject of cheese

Click image for larger version

Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fexternal-preview.redd.it%2FPYRePnKp5GuqHJ9OFYXZHTxR-SutggmXPZUJWQILP1g.jpg%3Fauto%3Dwebp%26s%3D9ca9aea48ac8e4537c53e3e82e0d7a1b66f430ce&f=1&nofb=1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	81730
    What varieties of cheese do you take camping?

I'm partial to Dry Jack and other cheeses that don't require refrigeration.
    What are your favorites?

Dry jack on sourdogh french bread. Yum.

My goto is sharp cheddar. Shredded on chili, potatoes, tacos, fajitas, etc. Sliced on burgers, eggs, grilled cheese, etc. And makes an easy snack with crackers, fruit, etc.

I also like freshly grated parmesan for italian.

Others I toss in on occasion: fontina, muenster, swiss, colby.

And mizithra - add with browned butter on spaghetti.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Mizithra on pasta is amazing!

Comment

...Normally just Pepper-jack, although I sometimes bring the so called "American cheese" pre-sliced (cheese like substance) for cold sandwiches & cheeseburgers...

Pepper-jack and Cheez-its make fair munchie as does Cheeze-its and canned,pressurized cheese flavored substance; or peanut butter on Cheez-its...

Enjoy!
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Ground tents work best for me, so far.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I like to bring pepper-jack and sharp cheddar. The hard cheeses that keep, and as they start to go and get all gooey I squeeze some of the fat into my pot while cooking!

Comment

Working...
          X