NYC Gumbo for Irate Mormon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Gumbo for Irate Mormon

I could cook it on the campground but find it easier to make the chicken base at home and add the shrimp sauteed in a lil clam juice and the gumbo base on site. Here's the link I used the first time with no changes:

http://www.nolacuisine.com/2006/02/2...-gumbo-recipe/

I make the Creole rice at home too and freeze it.
    Some times I add whole okra with the shrimp, sometimes I don't.

I don't have any pics of it on the campground but this one is from a NYEve celebration a few years back:

Do you think the roux is dark enough or should I have browned it more?

and here it is plated:

I think this time out I served it rice-less because it was part of an eight course meal.

A friend brought me some andouille from Jacob's but I hope to try Best Stop's and Don's when I get down that way. Any other sausage I should try?

Oh and for the record.......there is a chance my "roots" go further South (and east) than your's as it relates to okra and gumbo type dishes. Big ol muahhhhhhh .
    Last edited by NYCgrrl; 02-24-2016, 10:25 AM.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Re: NYC Gumbo for Irate Mormon

NYCgrrl, what the what...? Best Stop and Don's...? Meh, where exactly are you from like dat? Oops, I let my cajun accent out, ahem...sorry about that folks. Anyway, I can save everyone a trip down to beautiful Prairie Cajun country. If anyone wants some good cajun smoked meats or boudin just go to tboysboudin.com. You just can't beat some good smoked garlic pork sausage... Meh, put dat in da gumbo! Poo yie dats good yeah! Ok enough of the silly accent. We don't speak like that in L'Anse Meg... but Ville Platte is another story. LOL.

Comment

Re: NYC Gumbo for Irate Mormon

I want that in my belly NOW. Er, excuse me, that sounds like an excellent camp meal.

Comment

Working...
      X