Crock Pot Cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crock Pot Cooking

I've slowly been uping my 12 volt items for camping and recently purchased this crock pot

http://www.12volt-travel.com/12-volt...er-p-5926.html

I was wondering if anyone has ever used this one, or any model. If so how did you like it and do you have any recipes to share. Much appreciated

Re: Crock Pot Cooking

What kind of recipes are you looking for? I have this book, every recipe is 7 ingredients or less, and takes 10 minutes to prep or less.

Main recipes we've made:

Chili:
    2lbs stew meat
    1 can chili beans (optional, as I know the beans vs no beans is personal)
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 jar thick & chunky salsa (hotness of your choice)
    1 tbsp sugar
    Dump, stir, wait. High for 3-4hrs or low for 7hrs.

BBQ chicken
    Take chicken cuts of your choice (we do boneless skinless breasts), put in pot. Add bottle of BBQ sauce so that top of chicken is covered. Put corn on the cob with salt/butter inside of aluminum foil (shiny side in) and lay on top of chicken. 3-4hrs high, 6-8hrs low.
    You can do this recipe with Honey Dijon also, and you can put mixed frozen veggies in the top with seasonings, just make sure you seal the foil otherwise the veggies taste like the meat

There are a ton more, including breakfasts (put in at bedtime, wake up to cooked hot food), lasagnas, etc. Let me know what you're into and I can pull em up for ya.

We don't usually take it in the summer but we will likely bring it this winter so we can do soups and stews.
    Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
    Nights under the stars:
    2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
    2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

With my regular household crockpot, the only thing I found to be a 'fail' in recipes is slow-cooking egg noodles. They will disintegrate and give the food a doughy taste. So, I slowcook the meat and sauce, and do the noodles as per usual on the stovetop.
      Venison in the crockpot comes out wonderful!
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

15A is the fuse, or circuit breaker. 6.5A is the power draw on low setting (78 watts). Like fresh garlic, noodles or other starches are added in the last 2 hours (low setting) of crockpot recipes.
        Last edited by tplife; 07-16-2013, 12:38 PM.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

May I suggest a Dutch Oven and a fire?

Comment

Working...
          X