Morning Smoothie with or without Electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Smoothie with or without Electricity

Blueberries are in season in my area right now so that's the main flavouring. You can use any fruit that makes you happy.

1 cup rinsed blueberries, mashed w/ fork
    1/2 cup mashed seedless green grapes
    1 mashed banana
    1 small container of vanilla or plain yougurt (4-6 ozs)
    1/4 cup OJ
    1/4-1/2 cup of milk (can be cow, soy or almond)

Method 1

Place first 5 cold ingredients in a a gallon Ziploc bag and smush together with your hands until well mixed. Add milk to get to your desired consistency. Add....1 cup of smashed ice Throw in the air a few times and drink:D.
    Serves 2.

Method 2

Place first 5 cold ingredients in a manual blender. Add milk to get to your desired consistency. Add 1 cup of smashed ice( you can crush it with a hammer/mallet over a dishtowel covered plastic bag). Blend on low then high and drink.

This year to make the process faster, and finished product colder, I froze the pureed grapes in an ice tray, added 3 grape cubes to the berries and poured the mashed banana over the berries in a small plastic bag and froze the melange together. This way I've made my 2 serving portion, lil grrlies can make their own breakfast and I'm content.

Should you want additional sweetening a touch( maybe a tsp?) of honey should do ya fine. Or a packet of your fav artificial sweetener. Or a packet of the sugar of your choice.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Re: Morning Smoothie with or without Electricity

Hmmm. Sounds a little complicated for a lot of campers, but if you have the hardware and the vittles, why not

I found that if you don't have a blender or fresh fruit, a couple jiggers of bourbon in a cupful of canned fruit makes people pretty happy and satisfied nearly as well

Comment

Hehehehe...that's a bang up way to start the day:D.
      You are right that it takes a well stocked pantry. Which I have. I travel with 3 coolers and try to use up all ingredients in one dish/meal or another.
      2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
        Hehehehe...that's a bang up way to start the day:D.
        You are right that it takes a well stocked pantry. Which I have. I travel with 3 coolers and try to use up all ingredients in one dish/meal or another.
        Wow, three coolers! I try to have ALL the equipment and food for the whole family in three medium size plastic storage boxes. I bring one small cooler about the size of a six pack of beer and it mainly holds fishing worms and maybe a couple of drinks and maybe maybe some meat for the first night dinner. ( now I do confess that I have a very special and forgiving wife who will allow me to keep worms and food in the same cooler)

Comment

I second Hogsnapper's compliments and wonderment at NYCgrrrl's recipes and food pics. Fabulous!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Wow, three coolers! I try to have ALL the equipment and food for the whole family in three medium size plastic storage boxes. I bring one small cooler about the size of a six pack of beer and it mainly holds fishing worms and maybe a couple of drinks and maybe maybe some meat for the first night dinner. ( now I do confess that I have a very special and forgiving wife who will allow me to keep worms and food in the same cooler)
            3 coolers is only for my long car camping trips. One cooler is the freezer; one fer the fridge as leftovers accumulate and also for say salad goods and regularly used dairy products and the last one for beverages. This system keeps the freezer cooler colder for longer periods and since each cooler is a different colour everyone knows where to get cold drinks from and I don't have to get into a tizzy if they forget to close it. I also do a lot of entertaining when I camp (4th of July and Bastille Day cookouts plus day guests) since along with not having a car whyyy I don't have an exclusive to me backyard:D.

HS- I'd be honoured to pass on whatever kitchen gear info I can .
            2017:

Comment

Thanks for the recipe! I love smoothies in the morning, but haven't attempted any while camping.
              Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Working...
              X