Pasta e Fagioli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasta e Fagioli

great recipe for some soup on a chilly night. I added a half pound of Itialian sausage to this original recipe.

Ingredients:
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 cup chopped onion
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 (14.5 ounce) cans Itialian diced tomatoes
    5 cups chicken broth
    1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 pound seashell pasta
    Directions:
    1.Heat oil in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
    2.Add undrained tomatoes, undrained cannellini beans, chicken broth, parsley, basil and pepper (and sausage, if used) to Dutch oven and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Let boil for approximately 1 minute and then let simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
    3.Add pasta to Dutch oven and simmer approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve immediately and enjoy
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: Pasta e Fagioli

Sounds good. Will have to try this next cold spell. Italian sausage is almost like bacon to me, goes good with almost anything.
    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

This sounds wonderful and easy.....and just right after a long day hiking.

Comment

Gonna make this recipe tonight! Thanks KQ! This looks to be very tasty!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Let meknow what you think reno
          Nights camped in 2019: 24
          Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Nice reading recipe, 05K!

You could always add a rind of Parmigiano-Reggiano to it if you've it on hand.

I like the change up of traditional pasta shape cuz the tiny shells will hold some of the soup's broth in it..kinda makes me think of Shanghai soup dumplings and that's a good thing.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
            X