Easy foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy foods

Didn't know what else to title this. I was looking through an older edition of an outdoors magazine that I have at home and came across an article about using a thermos to make food and thought I would pass it on.

Works great for a hunting/fishing outting:

What you do is get one of those bags of noodles, for example Pasta Sides from Knorr
    Boil the amount of water that the back of the package says to use
    Pour that boiling water in to a thermos
    Add the bag of noodles and stir
    Cap the thermos

By the time you are ready to eat, you just open the thermos, stir, and eat. I actually have purchased some of the pre-packaged rice and other types of food items and plan to prepare them in the above manner to see how they turn out.

Re: Easy foods

Did they include instructions on how to clean out the thermos after you are done? That is usually the bugaroo, especially with the older design thermos with small openings.

Comment

Re: Easy foods

One again, good advice, Hogsnapper.

Be aware that not all thermoses are made alike the very best - and very hardest to find are the actual vacuum thermoses. They are so effective that you almost think the liquid inside is getting HOTTER when it is in the thermos.

I have used some of the really old-school glass vacuum thermoses that they still use in China today. Those things are incredible. More often than not, the lid is a wooden plug rather than something more hygienic, but they sure do work!

Comment

Working...
      X