Any Ready Made Meals you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ready Made Meals you recommend?

What ready made meals from the grocery stores do you guys recommend?

For an exotic shortcut, our favorite is from our local well-stocked grocer. We get a variety of "Kitchens of India" brand meals.

They are about $3.00 each, so for $12.00 you have a four course meal that will feed about three hungry adults (if you also prepare rice or naan bread or something else to go with the Indian dishes).

Inside the box the food is in metalized film pouches that you can boil, so with one pot of boiling water, you can prepare a smorgasbord of delicious Indian curries.

Excellent, exciting, affordable.
    Attached Files

Re: Any Ready Made Meals you recommend?

Good suggestions, Hogsnapper. I dry my own veggies too. The problem I USED TO HAVE with some dried foods like corn, meat, etc was that it took so long to reconstitute it. The time and the fuel just wasn't efficient.

THEN, I got my pressure cooker. Now, in just a couple of minutes, my home-dehydrated vegetables spring back to life. They don't jump completely back to fresh quality, but still, not bad.

I too keep my eyes open for the big sales on frozen vegetables for dehydrating because the frozen veggies are pre-blanched perfectly which helps a lot in reconstituting them back to an almost original condition.

Comment

Working...
    X