Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking Tip: Working with Yeast

Howdy,

Cooking good foods is not rocket science. If you can read and follow directions it's pretty easy. In the pizza dough receipe I stated using warm water, well, the back of the package of yeast tells you how warm your warm water should be. 100 to 110 degrees. That's fairly warm. And if you don't have a thermometer here's what I do. The water should be hot but not scalding, if I can leave a finger in the water for 10-15 seconds, that's just about right. The best method is to purchase a cheap thermomter, then you will know the exact temperature every time, then after a while you won't need the thermometer again and you can use it for other cooking methods.

Another tidbit is to coat the bowl that you are going to use to mix the flour in with a fine layer of crisco or spray Pam, that way your flour won't stick to the bowl. If you use your hands to mix the flour and work it into a dough then your hands will get a little sticky. When you are finished, then wash your hands(duh)! You can use a food processor to mix flour and your hands won't get dirty at all. Just thought I'd share. And I talking about man cooking here. My wife loves it when I cook and so will yours, your wife, your girlfriend, whatever. Again I just thought I'd share, since no one else is chipping in on receipes for now. Camping cooking is fun!:D

Oh, yeast is sold in packages that is usually enough for a loaf of bread. That's okay, just buy it that way and use your teaspoon measuring for your amounts from the store bought package. Once again cooking is not rocket science! Enjoy!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Working...
X