Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping Pizza

Howdy,

This last camping trip we made our pizza. I did the dough last week and my bride did the rest. Of course we had to use our Big Gas Grill and grill box set to 500 degrees. Once I got the dough out of the cooler, my bride spread it out on a cast iron 12" pizza pan and worked the dough into shape with her hands. If we trusted ourselves we could have thrown it like they do at fancy restaurants, but camping isn't fancy and neither is our pizza. A can of tomato sauce, cut mushrooms, breakfast sausage, onions, cheese all we had was goat cheese. The cooking time was about 20 minutes and viola, pizza. Of course, again I forgot to get the last picture, we were hungry! Hey, its camping, we are enjoying ourselves and I'm not doing this for the dough! Better luck next time? And that is about the time the two dudes walked over to ask us if we were cold and can they run their boat generator during quiet time! Our wedding anniversary is in January and we are going camping to Greg's Basin on Lake Mead. It's the furthest east Lake Mead goes and there are no developed campsites! Maybe then I'll take better photos.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Now that's some fine camp eating!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Camping Pizza

Thanks Bigdog!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I might try that here at home on the grill this summer. Sweet.
        JohnJohn
        ---------
        Forum Admin

Comment

Working...
        X