homemade jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homemade jerky

i use flank steak to make mine, but you can use a roast cut and it's just as good. anyway, 3/4 cup soy, 3/4 cup worchestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 2 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoon A1 sauce. combine ingredients in bowl until dry ingredients are dissolved. put cut meat in ziplock bag and pour mixture in bag and toss lightly until all meat is covered (i like to slightly cool my meat in the freezer and cut it first as the cooling in freezer makes it cut easier and straighter and you can do thinner slices...i do my slices about 1/4 inch thick) and set in fridge and marinate for at least 12 hours (i do mine overnight). remove the next morning and place cut meat evenly on dehydrator (or my way...place meat cuts in the groves of clean household ac vents, that's right, the ones you buy for your ac return vent and then stack on top of one another with a 4th vent for the outter cover. once stacked, strap down to a box fan, that's right an old fashioned square window fan, then sit fan up right and turn on medium and leave it for 12 hours and wala, homemade jerky). once the jerky is done, place the jerky in round containers for best results and longevity (ziplock bags should only be used when on the trail). some of the best jerky you'll every eat and you that protein boost you need on the trail...enjoy
Working...
X