Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All American Rub

Howdy,

This rub is good for just about any kind of meat from pork roast, chicken to hamburger. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Store in a spice jar with a lid and shaker top. Sprinkle desired amount on meat and cook as desired. This rub will keep for about 3 months. If you don't have a spice jar, purchase a mason jar with lid and with a nail punch holes in the lid with a hammer. If you are concerned about sanitation then wash the lid in hot soapy water or your dishwasher. I always keep a half dozen mason jars on a shelf for this purpose. I'm talking about man cooking here, because that is what I know. The mix:

3 Tbsp. Brown sugar

2 Tbsp. sea salt

1 tsp. Curry Powder

1 tsp. chili powder

1 tsp. Garlic powder

1 tsp. Seasoned salt

1 tsp. Dry mustard

1/2 tsp. Red pepper

1/2 tsp. Black pepper

If you want a real kick add a little more curry powder! If you are single spend a little time in the spice section of the grocery store, that is where I met my bride!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I'll have to give that a try - I use a rub that's real close to that, but without the curry powder (which I love!).

Comment

All American Rub

Howdy Scrib,

I got tons of reciepes. We(bride & I) love to cook plus my son in the frozen north is a chef. Do you think I might be over doing this a bit? I can't help it.
      You'll like this rub! Thanks for looking and commenting!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
      X