Simple breakfast this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple breakfast this morning

What an easy breakfast this morning. Since we are storing our camper at Ocean Lakes this summer, we drove down for the weekend in our little commuter car that gets a out 37mpg. Didn't pack much at all. Just a few clothes, the beach chairs we forgot last time (staying with camper this time), and a couple of things for breakfast. No cooler or anything. Anyway for breakfast I pulled out the electric skillet and cooked up some of the Nonpareil hash browns we love and mixed up some Pancakes by adding water to the biz quick cobtained. So simple. Had enough left over that we stuck it in the fridge and will heat up for tomorrow morning before we leave. We've already started making notes on how to do some other things simple. For lunch and dinner, we will go out to eat and grab something. We liked not dealing with a big cooler to.
    DO NOT be found in a camping tents while being out. Just walk,run,fly in the hug of nature.:D

Re: Simple breakfast this morning

Interesting and on target that you are discussing breakfast for me. I'm not a big breakfast eater nor is the man. This is NOT true of the lil grrlies we'll be camping with in a few weeks however.

So I spent a nice portion of my winter camp fantasy time planning breakfasts.

These are the make ahead start the day meals I pre-made:

French toast via a CI recipe with a few substitutions. CI advocated using Arnold's hearty bread and I opted for brioche and challah. I made sure that slices were big enough to fit in a pie iron and actually cut a lot of the bread into strips for picky lil grrlies who like to eat a variety of morning foods. I also pre glazed the toast with maple syrup because...........because welll I'm lazy like that in the morning

Here is the make ahead CI recipe:

http://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/...code=M00KSCM00

I made breakfast burritos from very soft scrambled eggs, homemade sausages ( I wuz bizzy this winter), onion and peppers, storebought salsa cheese and black beans. Wrapped 'em in tortillas and froze the lot. Again, they are sized to fit in the pie irons.

Found a fantastic make ahead breakfast link and am now in the process of finding non breakable containers for fruit and yogurt parfaits.

Here's the "Why didn't I think of that?" link:

http://www.ivillage.com/baked-oatmeal-bars-0/3-b-373616

Finally, I already made banana pancakes and froze 'em.

Should the above not feed the lil darlings they will just have to tell their parents I starved them......
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Re: Simple breakfast this morning

Our favorite meal in the morning is chia seed pudding made with fresh fruit. We make a batch that will last 2 days in our cooler. It's not sweet and it's one of the best super foods on the planet. We carry several pounds of chia seeds on every camping trip. You can make the pudding with fresh milk, canned coconut milk, or almond milk.
      Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X