Any vegetarian options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any vegetarian options

Does anyone have any healthy vegetarian options for carry along food?

Re: Any vegetarian options

You could try oatmeal, dried fruits, veggies and pastas. But of course, some of this stuff could really start to weigh you down. I'm not sure but there might be some vegetarian options for dehydrated camping food. Let me know if you find anything. I'd be interested to know.

Comment

Vegetarians should pack snacks including: raisins, prunes, dried fruits such as figs, apricots, dates and cherries, sunflower and sesame seeds and nuts such as almonds, cashews, pecans and pine nuts.

Great beverage ideas include: soy milk, rice milk and juices which come in packaging that does not require refrigeration. In a new environment, one's eating habits may be irregular so it may be advisable to pack a box of herb teas which are good for the stomach, such as: chamomile, peppermint, ginger and/or tinctures of separate herbs (e.g. green tea) or a combination of herbs. Small cans of prune juice can be packed since they will be helpful to prevent constipation.
      I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Comment

For a day hike or for backpacking? Backpackers Pantry has some vegetarian stuff. I like taking nuts and fresh fruit on day hikes.
        Last edited by Oudoorsman; 04-28-2012, 09:34 PM. Reason: wrong punctuation

Comment

Gosh, so many choices?!
          I don't know what kind of vegetarian you are so hard to say without those specifics.

Still I can tell you that I never do any kind of camping without silken tofu.....slurpy yumyummmmmm.
          Can be used in a soup with lots of leafy veggies like spinach and noodles. Could be stir fried with rice and various veggies.
          Makes a fine smoothy with fruits and yogurt.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
          X