Chicken and cashew curry wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken and cashew curry wraps

Don't remember where I got this one but it's easy to prepare most of it at home and put it together in camp.
    Diced chicken. We use about 1lb of breasts or "tenders".
    Salt
    Pepper
    Curry powder, 2 tsp.
    Cummin, 1/2 tsp
    Cashews, plain or salted, 1 cup
    Raisins, 1 cup
    3/4 cup ranch dressing
    Flour tortillas or pita bread. 4-6

Cook the chicken and add salt and pepper to taste. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add cashews, raisins, curry powder, cummin, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Spoon into tortillas or pita bread and enjoy.
    You can actualy do all the cooking and mixing at home then warm the tortillas or bread in camp and spoon in the mixture.
    For backpacking, mix it all up at home and carry in a zip lock bag, or substitute chicken in a pouch and mix in camp.
    My family loves these and ther's never any leftovers.
    Try craisins or sultanas, or add a different nut. If nuts are a no-no, then try something else crunchy like water chestnuts or chow mein noodles.
    Last edited by kjmillig; 03-24-2012, 05:46 PM. Reason: Forgot to include ranch dressing as the binding agent.

Re: Chicken and cashew curry wraps

Anything with cummin and I'm sold. But do you mainly use this recipe for car camping? Otherwise, it seems a bit heavy for hiking and camping for an extended period. These days I simply use dehydrated food when I camp. You'd be surprised how cheap you can get it for online at camping equipment retailers. Of course, it's nowhere near as nutritional as something you cook yourself. But I like the convenience and low weight.

Comment

You can lighten the load somewhat by using chicken in a pouch and packets of ranch dressing. These will keep for a long time. Even pitas and tortillas will keep for several days unrefrigerated.
      Eat it your first night out to reduce your pack weight.

Comment

Originally posted by kjmillig View Post
        You can lighten the load somewhat by using chicken in a pouch and packets of ranch dressing. These will keep for a long time. Even pitas and tortillas will keep for several days unrefrigerated.
        Eat it your first night out to reduce your pack weight.
        yeah it is important, thank you..

Comment

Working...
        X