Dutch oven Baking Temperature chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch oven Baking Temperature chart

Found a good chart for determining the temperature of your dutch oven for bakind.
    Last edited by shawnbebout; 11-26-2011, 09:56 AM. Reason: fixing link

Re: Dutch oven Baking Temperature chart

The link doesn't work?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Fixed the link, I was trying to cut, copy and paste the chart, but I couldn't get it to work. I picked up a 12" dutch oven for $25 during black friday.

BTW, how often do you have to change out your coals? Say a recipe says to cook for 40-60 minutes. How many time do you have to change your coals? Do you monitor the inside temp somehow?
      Last edited by shawnbebout; 11-26-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Cast iron dutch ovens retain heat very well and usually the recipes I have used never cook over an hour. I've never changed out the coals, but doesn't mean one couldn't do it. I just never have. Perhaps other more experienced campateers might chime in that have changed out their coals. Interesting thought.
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

The top coals will need changing, meaning new ones. The bottom ones will stay pretty hot. I don't use coals though. Never have. I make a fire instead and use the wood coals. If you make bread, put the bread in a round pan on a flat rock and add some water, maybe like .5". It will keep the bread moist and also have a nice crust! I generally open it once and check the water...
          I think I will make some tomorrow, mid seventies here and will also do something in my SunOven!
          Talk soon and be well... Ara and Spirit

Comment

Working...
          X