Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espresso is better than plain Joe

Howdy,

When we go camping we only take an espresso maker, espresso fresh ground(that we keep in loc-n-locs) and a tea kettle for water for an excellent wake-me-up-anytime. Just make espresso in an french portable espresso maker. Once it is done percolating and you pour a little into your coffee cup, just add hot water, just like an Americano is made at Starbucks and there you go!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
    Howdy,

When we go camping we only take an espresso maker, espresso fresh ground(that we keep in loc-n-locs) and a tea kettle for water for an excellent wake-me-up-anytime. Just make espresso in an french portable espresso maker. Once it is done percolating and you pour a little into your coffee cup, just add hot water, just like an Americano is made at Starbucks and there you go!
    Do you have link to the model you use. It must be compact. I have a good friend that runs a Starbucks here in Colorado. He could teach me I guess. Right now we just make a "run" to town.
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

Howdy JohnJohn,

Actually the expresso maker is an Italian model called Bialetti Moka Express.

http://www.bialettiindustrie.it

Their international tele is 800-014407.

Instructions for making a perfect batch of expresso is very easy:
      1. Fill the base with water
      2. Insert the funnel(supplied) with expresso fresh ground(buy your own)
      3. Screw the coffee maker top to the lower section and place on low heat.
      4. When percolating stops pour your expresso.

How simple is that. If you would like I can include a photo of the maker, as my profile states, I'm a retired industrial photographer and I have a small product studio set-up in one room of our house, using seamless backgrounds and professional lights. All of our children have moved out and I finally have space for all of my photography equipement.

PS: By the way our camping vehicle stays packed when we return from our mini-vacations. We tent camp at least twice a month even if it's for only one night.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
      X