Dessert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dessert

I enjoy a good meal, but when its all over and things are cleaned up, I like to bring out a dutch oven and a coffee pot. Cobbler in a dutch oven is awesome. I first saw this at a Boyscout camp out with the Troop my sons were in. Lightly oil the oven, pour in a can or two of either cherry or apple pie filling. Put a couple of tablespoons of butter on top of this and then pour a cake mix over the top of it, either white, yellow or my favorite with the apples is a spice cake mix. Cover and place in hot coals, with a layer on top, for about 20 min. Oh my God...it is like heaven with a cup of coffee.:p

Originally posted by Familycampingguy View Post
    I enjoy a good meal, but when its all over and things are cleaned up, I like to bring out a dutch oven and a coffee pot. Cobbler in a dutch oven is awesome. I first saw this at a Boyscout camp out with the Troop my sons were in. Lightly oil the oven, pour in a can or two of either cherry or apple pie filling. Put a couple of tablespoons of butter on top of this and then pour a cake mix over the top of it, either white, yellow or my favorite with the apples is a spice cake mix. Cover and place in hot coals, with a layer on top, for about 20 min. Oh my God...it is like heaven with a cup of coffee.:p
    Sounds good, I'm hungry now, thanks!
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

Working...
    X