Packing lunches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packing lunches

As posted in other sections we are going to be heading out to yellowstone this month. I will have a coleman propane dual burner stove and also a tripod to cook over the fire. Looking for some ideas for stuff to pack for luches. I've never been to yellowstone but from what I have read we will be leaving camp after breakfast and driving around and hiking to see the attractions. So I'm thinking the best idea is to pack a lunch and take in my backpak so we don't have to drive back to the campsite to cook lunch. We eat sandwiches a lot now for lunches at work and stuff so would be nice to switch it up a little. Wondering if anyone has some good ideas on something fairly easy to make and pack and will keep till lunch in a backpak. We have a small cooler I could put in my pak to keep things cold if needed. I'm going to google picnic ideas and see what comes up but thought you guys might have some better ideas since you have some experience in this area.

Thanks,
    Scott

Maybe tortilla wraps or pitas instead of sandwiches. The laughing cow cheese, nuts, tuna in pouches, bagels, boiled eggs, pretzels. I've never been on hikes that were long enough where I needed to bring lunch. Just throwing out some ideas.
    May you always have love to share,
    Health to spare
    And friends that care.

Comment

In a situation like that, I take either a couple snack/energy/MRB bars, or a tin of Kippered Herring. No heating needed.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

The wraps are a good idea and boiled eggs. Was thinking of making some pudgie pies in the morning and then eating them cold. Like pizza pies or something, the kids would probably like that.

Comment

Working...
        X