Grown-Up Smores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grown-Up Smores

My tip for Smores - use chocolate covered cookies - we like Le Petit Ecolier dark chocolate biscuits (dark chocolate on one side). Use a single biscuit with each browned or burnt marshmallow. Just the right amount of biscuit/chocolate/marshmallow and the insides don't squirt out when you take a bite. :D

Nutella Smores

Alright, just got back from our 4 night trip and had to share this smore recipe:

Instead of Hersheys, use Nutella and banana slices! AWESOME!!

I'm calling it Nutell-O-Grahams!

Comment

I just discovered Nutella. Actually learned of it awhile back, but only finally saw it in a local grocery store. I am still experimenting with it. Pretty good combined with peanut butter! I'd patent it, but that danged Reeses company got to it before me.......
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I love Nutella and pretzels. That salty and sweet taste is great.
        May you always have love to share,
        Health to spare
        And friends that care.

Comment

I carry about 1/4 cup of Nutella and 1/4 cup of p/butter with me on the trail. They offer me "choices" when it comes to what to put on crackers for lunch. Those two, in that quantity, will last me 4-5 lunches.

Mix p/butter, honey, pwd cinnimen, and sun flower seeds together: Store in container and use as a spread on crackers. Really good. For more nutrition, mix in powdered milk. Powdered milk will absorb a lot of the liquid and you can actually role the stuff into a "log", wrap it in wax paper, and cut off "pieces" to eat as candy/desert. Quite nutritious, too.
          Chuck
          So. Oregon
          TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
          TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
          SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

When I saw the words "Grown-Up" I was expecting they would have some yummy liqueur or something like that in the recipe.

Comment

Same here..... :D

Comment

There are enough clever people here, I'm sure we can come up with something clever.

How's this for a start - the S'more martini

http://themartinidiva.blogspot.com/2...ni-recipe.html

Nutella's great, I got introduced to it by a Swiss friend while I was in college back in 1982. Just last week, my 8 year old started asking for it. Nutella really is a timeless classic.

Comment

Nutella reminds me of the supersweet sugary coating on Chocolate Glazed Donuts - a bit too much of a good thing... :p

Hmmm.... for us Gulf Coasters, a nod to Jimmy Buffet - the Smorguerita! :D Be great wih smoked oysters, I bet!

Comment

According to Nutella's website "Nutella contains 10.9 grams of sugar per 20 gram serve" so it's over half sugar.

Comment

Re: Grown-Up Smores

Originally posted by Yukon Jack View Post
                      According to Nutella's website "Nutella contains 10.9 grams of sugar per 20 gram serve" so it's over half sugar.

Thank you Jack. All this time I was thinking it was 100% sugar. Now I can eat twice as much!!

Comment

My daugher and I don't like Nutella but I found something called Dark Chocolate dreams in my local Walmart. It is chocolate & peanutbutter. Yummmm heaven in a jar.

Comment

Here are my own two personal recipes:

Johnny's SuperSmores: a toasted marshmallow squished between a Petit Ecolier milk chocolate cookie and an entenmann chocolate chip cookie.

Johnny's Adult SuperSmore: dip/soak the marshmallow in cognac, then toast it. (Be careful or you will have a torch worthy of caving on a dark night.) Smash between Petit Ecolier dark chocolate cookie and a entenmann chocolate chip cookie

The Petit Ecolier cookies make it easier to do somores for a large group of kids. That's all I use now.

good thread. Making me hungry

-Johnny

Comment

That's worth a try for our next campout! Thanks Johnny.
                            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Since I'm allergic to the whey protein in Nutella, I make my own out of peanuts, almonds, or walnuts (or a any combonation of nuts). I like to use it on toast or peanut butter sandwiches. It's extra good with Fluff. Like a candy bar sandwich. :cool:
                              "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
                              ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Working...
                              X