Foil Cooked Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foil Cooked Fish

My favorite camping food of all time is rainbow trout. Clean them by gutting and rinsing, scale fish as best possible leaving head, tail, and skin attached. After rinsing while meat is still moist, fold open sides of trout and season generously with choice seasoning (my fav is lemon pepper.) Place in cooler/fridge for the day to let seasoning soak into meat. That evening place fish in foil and cook over hot coals (no flame). Check for readiness by using a fork to test he meat which should be solid white in color. If you can peel the meat away from the bones and skin with little effort it is ready and very delicious. Would go along great with Vegasfox's pie iron fried potatoes as a side dish! Easy clean up and fully cooked over your campfire, no stove required!
    Last edited by Waterfowler84; 12-23-2009, 02:39 PM.
    "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
    sigpic

By cracky! That's sounds tasty and is...done it too but I like a pinch of cajun powder, warms the entire palatte! Excellent choice my friend!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
      I like a pinch of cajun powder,
      Sounds like a good idea...definietely trying that out this summer in CO.
      "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
      sigpic

Comment

All I can say is mmmmmmmmmm. Guys can you get cajun powder at the store or is it labeled as somthing else. What brand is best?

Comment

Working...
        X